Word War?

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
I know there are threads for word wars and things in the other forums, but the W1S1 lot are some of the friendliest people on the boards and I'd rather hang out with you people than people I don't know!

Anyway...I'm trying to bang out this week's story tonight, because I've got another two to get written before Friday to hit some anthology deadlines, and I was wondering if any W1S1-ers fancy a quick word war?

Moving forward, of course, feel free to use this thread to go head-to-head with other W1S1 people or just to brag about how many words you just pumped out in seven minutes between halves of Dexter, or whatever.

(And Izz, apologies if there's already a thread of this nature on the W1S1 boards. I couldn't see one, but it's late and I could easily have missed it.)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I won't engage in any kind of war I'm sure to lose. Takes me about 2 hours to write 1000 words - and that's on a good day!

One time I tried entering a Shock Totem mini-contest, where you write a flash story in an hour. About 45 minutes in I gave up, because I only had a third of a story I meant to write, and it was *awful*. I mean it was so bad, I felt that I should delete it, format the hard drive, burn it with a blowtorch and then sprinkle what's left with holy water.

Now, if you want to have some other kind of contest, say a game of Magic: The Gathering, I'll rise to the challenge. :)

pangalactic

Gargling blasters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
chrisbissette.com
Oh god, I haven't played M:tG in years (despite my girlfriend having the biggest card collection I've ever seen; she bought up the stock of a store that was going out of business for £100). I went to a pre-release tournament about 2 years ago, came second and haven't touched a deck since.

And fair enough. I'm usually a fairly fast writer (of shorts, anyway; not so much my novel) but I'm out of the habit and struggling for words. And I really want to get this done by morning :(