Got a request; have a question

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a request for a full based on 2 chapts and a synopsis. Mr Dream Agent said to "please send ms as a word.doc."

Should I assume this should be sent as an attachment? I hate to ask the agent as I know he's uber-busy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
EM

PS. He said he couldn't resist my pitch. Does that mean he didn't even read the synopsis and chapters?

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, send as attachment. Also, make sure that it is a .doc.

Congrats! :D

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
PS. He said he couldn't resist my pitch. Does that mean he didn't even read the synopsis and chapters?
Possibly. Or maybe it doesn't. Maybe it just means that he adores the concept and read enough to see you can write, and can't wait to see what you do with it. Best not to read too much into it and just take it as a compliment.

Good luck

Elaine Margarett

High and Dry
Registered
Reaction score
He said he couldn't resist my pitch. Does that mean he didn't even read the synopsis and chapters?

I almost didn't include the pitch, and on most of the other 9 queries I've sent out (so far) I omitted it. The feedback I rec'd on AW was mixed over whether or not to include it so I went the safe route and left it out. lol.

I'd sooo much rather he'd have already read the pages; it was forwarded to him out of the slush pile.

Gonna send out some more queries to get my mind off it. <g>

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

If your version of MS Word is 2007 or more recent, make sure that you save your document as .doc (as specified) and not as the default .docx -- I've seen agents mention that the .docx extension causes compatibility problems with e-readers.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Cake

Registered
Reaction score
Bit late to the party, but good luck! Will be crossing my fingers for you :)