Polite rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnP

Please pass the jelly
Registered
Reaction score
I am so glad to get this first rejection letter done with. For a minute there I was afraid I might get an offer on my first partial submission. (A result of my query letter) It would have ruined all this fun I am having getting rejected. Is this a very nice rejection letter? Read for yourselves and comment.

Dear ------

“ Thank you for the opportunity to give your story, ---------, a preliminary review. Though intrigued by some aspects of the sample chapters, we were not sufficiently enthusiastic to consider representation.”

“ I’m afraid ---‘s overcrowded development schedule does not allow us to offer you more editorial commentary at this time.”

“ All our decisions are based on a frank assessment of the literary and film marketplace. I urge you to submit your project to other agencies and management companies; perhaps another representative will have a different opinion.

“Bla, Bla, Bla”

Kind regards,

Reaction score
It sounds pretty standard to me. Hey, at least they're not telling you your writing sucks, right? :D:ROFL:

JohnP

Please pass the jelly
Registered
Reaction score
Again, You are right

After several (hundred) reads, I now see your point. The positive side is, as stated so eloquently by Scarletpeaches, they didn't say my writing is crap.

What a great experience. Time to do it again and see what the literary fairy will say.

Thanks everyone!

emerald dragonfly

Registered
Reaction score
Don't give up......I have had several rejections and it makes me more informed on what I need to do to improve. And I can tell you I seem to need alot of improvement by the publishers standards! :Lecture:

Keep on writing!

emerald dragonfly

Status
Not open for further replies.