PDA

View Full Version : Polite rejection?

JohnP
11-30-2005, 06:01 AM
I am so glad to get this first rejection letter done with. For a minute there I was afraid I might get an offer on my first partial submission. (A result of my query letter) It would have ruined all this fun I am having getting rejected. Is this a very nice rejection letter? Read for yourselves and comment.

Dear ------

“ Thank you for the opportunity to give your story, ---------, a preliminary review. Though intrigued by some aspects of the sample chapters, we were not sufficiently enthusiastic to consider representation.”

“ I’m afraid ---‘s overcrowded development schedule does not allow us to offer you more editorial commentary at this time.”

“ All our decisions are based on a frank assessment of the literary and film marketplace. I urge you to submit your project to other agencies and management companies; perhaps another representative will have a different opinion.

“Bla, Bla, Bla”

Kind regards,

blacbird
11-30-2005, 06:50 PM
This is a form letter, nothing more. These phrases are the common hollow shells of meaning employed by countless agencies in form rejections.

caw.

scarletpeaches
11-30-2005, 06:58 PM
It sounds pretty standard to me. Hey, at least they're not telling you your writing sucks, right? :D:ROFL:

Christine N.
12-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah, when your rejections come with a copy of that day's help wanted ads, you know you're in trouble :)

Birol
12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
It is polite, John, but it does read as if though it is their standard rejection letter.

JohnP
12-03-2005, 07:52 PM
After several (hundred) reads, I now see your point. The positive side is, as stated so eloquently by Scarletpeaches, they didn't say my writing is crap.

What a great experience. Time to do it again and see what the literary fairy will say.

Thanks everyone!

emerald dragonfly
12-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Don't give up......I have had several rejections and it makes me more informed on what I need to do to improve. And I can tell you I seem to need alot of improvement by the publishers standards! :Lecture:

Keep on writing!

emerald dragonfly