Explain your avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...if you don't mind my curiosity. Some of them are *ahem* a bit unique. Is there a story behind, say, why MacAllister is a squashed gopher? What is Poetinahat doing in his picture (and is it really Poet)? Why is Maryn holding the sun? Why did Nique shave his head (though I like the new look)?

Enquiring minds want to know...

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I love this thread. I have wondered so much about all the others. Mine is simple, nothing to explain. I just think Sophia Loren is beautiful and I love hats! I need to eventually find another new avatar that fits my personality.

But in the meantime, I can't wait to hear what the others have to say.

Reaction score
Mine is me, leaning on a friend, at a party in September of this year. I had been dancing to Linkin Park and a friend shoved some vodka and Red Bull at me - it would have been rude to refuse.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is me...kind-of. It's the tattoo on my right outer thigh. I figured if my user title was going to be "inked mom", I should show some proof of it.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Heh--actually, it's a coyote petroglyph. When I was very small, and my grandfather was still alive, (he was Comanche) he told me Coyote stories, and told me Coyote was one of my protector animals.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is me - a slightly skewiff photo taken by my 2.5-year-old daughter. I really liked the composition, and thought it made a nice change.

Next one will have a hat... I promise!

And whence yours, Pat?

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I happen to like South Park...Chef is my fave character mainly because he's voiced by the LEGENDARY Issac Hayes (think SHAFT....JOHN SHAFT)!! :)

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so obvious -- bookworm, of course. He reminds me of my parents' eyes peering over the tops of books, something they did all their lives.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's me. I have hair down to my bum but I couldn't get it all in the picture. Good thing you can't see my grays. I have chestnut brown hair with a red flair to it. I'm going to cut one day and try a blondish color. But not one day too soon. My husband is wild about my hair. I have to keep him sprinting home from work.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Me with my pink hair. Yeah, no one remembered that from the *pink hair* thread.

Terri, my hubby would murdelize me if I cut my hair. Mine's down to da butt, too. I joked with him recently about whacking it all off and going with a neat little pixie cut. His poor face lost all its color.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
And whence yours, Pat?

This comes from the thread on "do you have a nickname" (and I can't find that thread anymore...). When we were first married, my husband used to call me Piglet (yes, he's a Pooh), because he discovered I could be a Somewhat Anxious Person. (Yes, driving a sputtering car in the rain, miles away from civilization, with the gas tank below "E" makes me nervous. But he loves me anyway.) :) Add to that the fact that I'm smallish, and there's a heffalump or two in my life, and there you have it.

This is fun; keep 'em coming!

Hannah

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is sort of the cartoon version of me. My hair is cut in the same way (and Im usually wearing some kind of [dark] purple lipstick).

My hair used to be past my shoulders, years ago. I couln't stand it. It was too high maintenance. I asked the hubby if he mind if I cut it. He said, "I don't care." :Shrug: I've loved it ever since, it's been about two years.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Well...I suppose I should really explain my avatar...it's such a mystery.... :)

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look closely, Mine says

Have Fun Will Travel

A tribute to and a spin off of Have Gun Will Travel. One of the best darned TV shows ever.

My pic in my sig is my Grampa on the first ship to France when the USA entered WWI. Nice write up in several papers. I put him Juxtaposition to my tour pictures on a Navy ship.

Last edited:

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
The avatar is me, a black and white photo I had taken to be my "author photo" for newspaper articles that need a head shot. In an older thread about this same subject, I explained it as the "dangerous" or "mysterious" author. Dave Kuzminski said he didn't see that. He said I looked more like an angry biker. Made me laugh, actually.

I'm mostly harmless, though.

allen

Zonk

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is something I whipped up in Photoshop, a practice run at making starfields.

:D:D:D

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I love Marvin the Martian so there he is.

I tried to get a decent picture of myself but apparently I'm very bad at taking pictures of myself, so you get Marvin instead.

I'm sure I'll find something better someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.