Experiences (bad or good) with Eldercare (USA only)

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, helpful writer friends. I'm looking for people willing to be e-mail interviewed who have had experience finding long-term care for someone elderly--preferably the primarily responsible party, but not necessarily. Can be at-home care, nursing, assisted living, etc. Not just finding, but maintaining the care and the legal and financial hassles involved.

My book is a guide for people trying to figure out the best options for their aging parents (grandparents, etc.) and I hope to fill it with anecdotes and real-life lessons learned. Please help others learn from your experience?

If interested, please PM me your e-mail address, and I will follow up with a list of questions. Possible follow-up questions or follow-up phone interview if necessary. I would greatly appreciate it, as would those delving into this complicated and tricky world.

Thanks.

Last edited:

chefonfire911

Registered
Reaction score
You picked the right one!

I can tell you horror stories from 3 different perspectives, Dying in America, Social Security will you get yours?, and the chronic pain and disease problem, when does Quality of Life reach a decision point. I have over 300 pages of docs. my self. If I could live long enough I would do the piece my self. It is a horrifying story of the medical industry and it's standard practices, how to avoid the pitfalls, standard rejections of all kinds from care to SSA and the frustration of having to deal with them. I am actually a bottled water activist, with 3 blogs 4 websites. However I chose not to make these an arena for my own personal experiences. My email is [email protected]. I have an awful lot of information so be prepared. It could make a Documentary all on it's own. I am on my way to another Dr. on the Dr. - go-round this morning, then to SSA and giving them a letter for some one to sign taking direct authority for the decision that I am well enough to return to work. This ought to be good! No cameras allowed because they don't want people filmed getting upset by the stupid answers they recieve.I am an Executive Chef for 38 years. Former President of the American Culinary Federation, year 2000 chef of the year. So I am not just some ticked off redneck that doesn't know about SSA and politics involved, I was also Chef for the same local hospital I am treated at. i KNOW 80% OF THE STAFF. The whole sysetem is one of quotas, political policies to try to deal w/ what they call the Boomer problem, and Quality of Life decisions who are un-informed of their real conditions and are expected to work until they die.