PDA

View Full Version : So, which book are you?

Alphabet
11-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Check it out (http://bluepyramid.org/ia/bquiz.htm)

It turns out I am...

One Hundred Years of Solitude
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

And right now that is no big surprise to me - although I haven't yet read the book, so we're going just on the title there.

It said of me...
Lonely and struggling, you've been around for a very long time. Conflict has filled most of your life and torn apart nearly everyone you know. Yet there is something majestic and even epic about your presence in the world. You love life all the more for having seen its decimation. After all, it takes a village.

So, which book are you?

Sarita
11-29-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm Watership Down by Richard Adams. Huh. I've always loved that book. Now I know why. What clarity!

Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.

BUT: When I changed one answer, I became Fellowship of the Ring. Very interesting...

WVWriterGirl
11-29-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm The Mists of Avalon my Marion Zimmer Bradley. Not much of a surprise there.

Unique
11-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Siddhartha -

Does this mean I should read it now?

Gehanna
11-29-2005, 03:36 AM
I'm Hamlet! :eek:
by William Shakespeare

Something is rotten in your state. You don't know whether you would rather live or die. And you keep speaking (unwittingly) in iambic pentameter. Even with these setbacks, you have no idea just how awful life can get. With your whole family in turmoil and your love interest soaked, there isn't exactly room for hope in your world. No wonder you talk to yourself all the time!

The only part of that which may possibly be accurate is the part that says:

And you keep speaking (unwittingly) in iambic pentameter. LOL

Gehanna

Carole
11-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Woohoo! Whoda thunk?

You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.

Eveningsdawn
11-29-2005, 04:18 AM
I am... A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire
faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, ITSOUNDS LIKE THIS!

Some of that is actually accurate.

Elincoln
11-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Catch-22

Now should I be worried about this?

AdamH
11-29-2005, 04:34 AM
Anne of Green Gables??????? This thing is busted! :Hammer:

Considering that the place is pretty much in my backyard, it's not too surprising either...in a way.

-Adam of Halifax

maestrowork
11-29-2005, 04:49 AM
AGGGGHHHHHH!

You're Anne of Green Gables!
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately, though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.

unthoughtknown
11-29-2005, 04:52 AM
OK, I am apparently Lois Lowry's The Giver.

Anyone here read that book?

While you grew up with a sheltered childhood, you're pretty sure everyone around you is even more sheltered. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, you were tapped on the shoulder and transported to the real world. This made you horrified by your prior upbringing and now you're tormented by how to reconcile these two lives. Ultimately, the struggle comes down to that old free will issue. Choose wisely.

Meh, curious.

poetinahat
11-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Love in the Time of Cholera!
Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent!

This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact.

Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

tiny
11-29-2005, 05:10 AM
This is so not right..... But at least I'm not a slut like Poet :)

You're Jurassic Park!
by Michael Crichton
You combine all the elements of a mad scientist, a brash philosopher, a humble researcher, and a money-hungry attracter of tourists. With all these features, you could build something monumental or get chased around by your own demons. Probably both, in fact. A movie based on your life would make millions, and spawn at least two sequels that wouldn't be very good. Be very careful around islands.

PattiTheWicked
11-29-2005, 05:35 AM
I got:

You're The Guns of August!
by Barbara Tuchman
Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Never heard of it, but maybe I'll have to check it out. I did change a couple of answers to see what would happen, and got different questions, which eventually led me to Watership Down.

Puddle Jumper
11-29-2005, 05:37 AM
You know it's scary - this describes me to a t. I didn't think the test would be so accurate. Should I read the book now?

You're Catch-22!
by Joseph Heller
Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of people.

Moondancer
11-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Catch 22 here when I took it for G.P. When I used my present mood I got George Orwell's Animal farm... I'm not putting here what it said but I must ask ElinColn to send me some bleach...

PrettySpecialGal
11-29-2005, 06:29 AM
Hmmm....

You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.

Does this mean I have to quit my day job?

PrettySpecialGal
11-29-2005, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE=tiny terror]This is so not right..... But at least I'm not a slut like Poet :)QUOTE]

I guess I am, though.
(see above)

Maybe it's all that darn BB music those kids are listening to nowadays....huh, bro?

Carole
11-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Does this mean I have to quit my day job?
Nope. If you're like me it means everyone at your day job whispers about you behind your back *wink*

poetinahat
11-29-2005, 06:36 AM
This is so not right..... But at least I'm not a slut like Poet :)

I guess I am, though.
(see above)

Maybe it's all that darn BB music those kids are listening to nowadays....huh, bro?
Hey, Sis... blood's thicker than water! So... what-cha what-cha whatcha WANT?

PrettySpecialGal
11-29-2005, 06:39 AM
you so funny wit da munny dat cha flaunt...
where'd ya get cha information from, punk?
You think that you can front when revalation comes?

GO, BRO!!

triceretops
11-29-2005, 06:51 AM
Well, it is so dead on because it was my favorite book--THE HOBBIT. Now who would have thunk it.

Tri

Pat~
11-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Um...I think something's off with mine...

You're Cat's Cradle!
by Kurt Vonnegut
You believe quite firmly that free will deserted you long ago and far away. As a result, it's hard to take responsibility for anything. Even though you show great potential as a leader of a small 3rd world country, the choices are all made ahead of time. You're rather fond of games involving string. Your fear of nuclear weaponry is trumped only by your fear of ice.

(I'm an ice-skating instructor and have been skating almost 30 yrs.)...

kristie911
11-29-2005, 06:58 AM
I have no idea what this means...maybe I don't know myself as well as I thought! Does anyone have a third world country they'd like me to run?

You're Cat's Cradle!
by Kurt Vonnegut
You believe quite firmly that free will deserted you long ago and far away. As a result, it's hard to take responsibility for anything. Even though you show great potential as a leader of a small 3rd world country, the choices are all made ahead of time. You're rather fond of games involving string. Your fear of nuclear weaponry is trumped only by your fear of ice.

mdin
11-29-2005, 08:44 AM
You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams
Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible, often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble, but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.

poetinahat
11-29-2005, 08:49 AM
You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams
We have a winner!

writerterri
11-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm St. Augustine, Confessions. And I wont confess what I was like in my former life. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUxdm080YYUS)

PrettySpecialGal
11-29-2005, 09:03 AM
haven't read that one- have you? Not that I've read Lolita, either, but somehow I feel compelled to do so now...

writerterri
11-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Never! I don't have time. It will cut into my posting time.

mkcbunny
11-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Call me Lolita.

"... depraved and immoral, obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way ..."

Did I get Ray's quiz by mistake? :)

poetinahat
11-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Okay, I know who I want in my book club!

JoeEkaitis
11-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Lolita? Moi?

My-Immortal
11-29-2005, 11:16 AM
You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!
by John Irving
Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!

...interesting... :)

I'll have to track this book down and read it, I think.

Take care all --

Carole
11-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Lolita? Moi?
You'd look so hot in knee socks & black patent leather Mary Janes! Lollipop, optional *grin*

poetinahat
11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Call me COLLECT if anybody gets assigned Finnegans Wake or The Sound and the Fury!

Pat~
11-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Took it again (one of the answers was a flip of the coin), and got...
You're Love in the Time of Cholera!
Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

MadScientistMatt
11-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Looks like I'm the third male character in this thread to get these results:

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/aogglmm.jpg
by L.M. Montgomery
Bright, chipper, vivid, but with the emotional fortitude of cottage cheese, you make quite an impression on everyone you meet. You're impulsive, rash, honest, and probably don't have a great relationship with your parents. People hurt your feelings constantly, but your brazen honestly doesn't exactly treat others with kid gloves. Ultimately, though, you win the hearts and minds of everyone that matters. You spell your name with an E and you want everyone to know about it.

Julie Worth
11-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh God no! Everyone is getting a classic, and what do I get???? Loosely Based, a vanity published book with only one review at Amazon (the review apparently by the author himself, who is also the webmaster).

maestrowork
11-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I think my biggest problem is... and pardon my ignorance.... who the F*** is Anne of Green Gables?

If I change one of my answers, I end up with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

StoryG27
11-29-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
"Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!"

NO IT DOESN'T! He, he, just joking. I don't know if this is very acurate, but it's been a blast reading about everybody else's. Some of you people need help! Ah, this is too fun.

StoryG27
11-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Now that's wierd, I just went back and took it again, and it was different questions than the first time. There was only one question I struggled with, so I decided to go do it again and this time choose the other answer since I was torn between them, then the rest of the questions were completely different.
According to the first quiz, I'm: A Prayer for Owen Meany
According to the second, I'm: Lolita
Now mix those two together and what do you get??? Me, apparently...very strange.

Lyra Jean
11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov

*no comments*

Lyra Jean
11-29-2005, 08:46 PM
I took the test (http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=9156)a second time and changed one answer. I got a whole bunch of completely new questions and this is my result:

You're Confessions!
by St. Augustine
You're a sinner, you're a saint, you do not feel ashamed. Well, you might feel a little ashamed of your past, but it did such a good job (http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=9152)of teaching you what not to do. Now you've become a devout Christian and have spent more time ruminating on the world to come rather than worldly pleasures. Your realizations and ability to change will bring reverence upon you despite your hedonistic transgressions. Florida (http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=9786)will honor you most in the end.

Wow it's like a before and after scenario. I'm actually in Florida (http://216.130.188.200/cgi-bin/ezlclk.fcgi?id=9786)now. This one is kind of creepy.

arrowqueen
11-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Apparently I'm 'The Great Gatsby'.

Well, I do enjoy a drink of a Friday evening.

Jaycinth
11-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Somehow they paired me up with 'Lolita'. Ludicrous! I don't think they asked enough of the correct questions. If they had, I would be:

"Another Roadside Attraction".

Azure Skye
11-30-2005, 05:59 AM
Am I the only one so far?

You're One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!
by Ken Kesey
You're crazy. This has led people to attempt to confine you to a safe place so that you don't pose a danger to yourself or others. You feel like you pose a great danger to the man (or maybe the woman) or whatever else is keeping you down. But most of the time, you just end up being observed. Were you crazy before you were confined?

Oh yeah, that's me in a nutshell. HA...nut...no pun intended.

That is so far off base but it was fun.

aka eraser
11-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Tolkien's The Hobbit for me.

maxmordon
09-08-2007, 07:42 AM
You're Catch-22!
by Joseph Heller
Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of people.

tlblack
09-08-2007, 07:55 AM
You're The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
by C.S. Lewis
You were just looking for some decent clothes when everything changed quite dramatically. For the better or for the worse, it is still hard to tell. Now it seems like winter will never end and you feel cursed. Soon there will be an epic struggle between two forces in your life and you are very concerned about a betrayal that could turn the balance. If this makes it sound like you're re-enacting Christian theological events, that may or may not be coincidence. When in doubt, put your trust in zoo animals.

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 08:05 AM
by Barbara Tuchman
Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Never heard of it...but supposedly it won a pulitzer prize. I sometimes wonder if every book with cannons on the front of it wins a prize. My stories need more cannons.

Shady Lane
09-08-2007, 08:16 AM
You're Siddhartha!
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

That's really true.

Lyra Jean
09-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm "Confessions" by St. Augustine.

You're Confessions!
by St. Augustine
You're a sinner, you're a saint, you do not feel ashamed. Well, you might feel a little ashamed of your past, but it did such a good job of teaching you what not to do. Now you've become a devout Christian and have spent more time ruminating on the world to come rather than worldly pleasures. Your realizations and ability to change will bring reverence upon you despite your hedonistic transgressions. Florida will honor you most in the end.

BardSkye
09-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm "I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov.

"While you have established a code of conduct for many generations to follow, your demeanor is rather cold and calculating. Brought up to serve humans, you have promised never to harm them, to follow orders, and to protect yourself. Living up to this code has proved challenging and sometimes even drives you mad. If you were a type of paper, you would be pulp."

I went straight from Dr. Seuss to Isaac Asimov, so I'm actually quite pleased with this.

RLB
09-08-2007, 08:53 AM
by L.M. Montgomery

As much as I like Anne, I happen to be very close with my parents...

I think my biggest problem is... and pardon my ignorance.... who the F*** is Anne of Green Gables?

Oh no. You did NOT just ask that... Anne is... is... well there are just no words:

http://immortals.net/anne/annetest.jpg

*wanders off to find her Anne of Green Gables VHS collection*

RLB
09-08-2007, 08:56 AM
And did anyone get the question: "What does the future look like?" Answers: Either "bleak" or "it can't be worse than the past." I hated both those choices!

CACTUSWENDY
09-08-2007, 08:57 AM
You're Loosely Based!
by Storey Clayton
While most people haven't heard of you, you're a really good and interesting person. Rather clever and witty, you crack a lot of jokes about the world around you. You do have a serious side, however, where your interest covers the homeless and the inequalities of society. You're good at bringing people together, but they keep asking you what your name means.

Hum. :Shrug:

Cassiopeia
09-08-2007, 09:04 AM
You're The Hobbit!
by J.R.R. Tolkien
All you wanted was a nice cup of tea when some haggard crazy old man came into your life and told you it was time to do something with yourself. Now you're all conflicted about whether to stick with your stay-at-home lifestyle or follow this crazy person into the wild. While you're very short and a little furry, you seem to be surrounded by an even greater quantity of short folks lately. Try not to lose your ring, but keep its value in perspective!

This was my third attempt LOL...

lfraser
09-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Watership Down.

Danger Jane
09-08-2007, 09:50 AM
You're Prufrock and Other Observations!
by T.S. Eliot
Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.

lostintheweb
09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
You're Les Miserables!
by Victor Hugo
One of the best known people in your community, you have become something of a phenomenon. People have sung about you, danced in your honor, created all manner of art in your name. And yet your story is one of failure and despair, with a few brief exceptions. A hopeless romantic, you'll never stop hoping that more good will come from your failings than is ever possible. Beware detectives and prison guards bearing vendettas.

Oddly,this is a book I have not read, but I did enjoy the Charles Laughton film version of the book.

JLCwrites
09-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm joining the Straw Hat Club! Woo hoo! :e2woo:

You're Adventures of Huckleberry Finn!
by Mark Twain
With an affinity for floating down the river, you see things in black and white. The world is strange and new to you and the more you learn about it, the less it makes sense. You probably speak with an accent and others have a hard time understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously. Nevertheless, your adventurous spirit is admirable. You really like straw hats.

Of course, this isn't me at all. But it was a fun little test anyway. Now I am off to buy that hat! Later!

JoNightshade
09-08-2007, 11:24 AM
All I have to say is, WTF?!?!?!

You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov

JoNightshade
09-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Okay, so I took the test again and gave the opposite answer to the one question I was split 50-50 on. This one is more like me.

by Barbara Tuchman

Esopha
09-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Yup. Sounds like me. :D

by Barbara Tuchman

Edit:

I took it again, because of a 'wtf' question.

You're Catch-22!
by Joseph Heller

So... I'm serious and witty and concerned with the world.

lostintheweb
09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Ihad my wife take this test, a she came up with:

Watership Down!
by Richard Adams
Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.

Not, all they need to do is expand this test to determine what the combination of Les Miserables and Watership Down means.

TrainofThought
09-08-2007, 07:29 PM
The Catcher in the Rye

J.D. Salinger

You are surrounded by phonies, and boy are you sick of them! In an ongoing struggle to search for a land without phonies, you end up running away from everything, from school to consequences. In this process, you reveal that many people in your life have suffered torments and all you really want to do is catch them as they fall. Perhaps using a baseball mitt. Your biggest fans are infamous psychotics.

scarletpeaches
09-08-2007, 07:42 PM
http://bluepyramid.org/ia/tkamhl.jpg

You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you, but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.

larocca
09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
You're The Things They Carried!
by Tim O'Brien
Harsh and bitter, you tell it like it is. This usually comes in short, dramatic spurts of spilling your guts in various ways. You carry a heavy load, and this has weighed you down with all the horrors that humanity has to offer. Having seen and done a great deal that you aren't proud of, you have no choice but to walk forward, trudging slowly through ongoing mud. In the next life, you will come back as a water buffalo.

Ziljon
09-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Holy cow! I'm . . .
Mrs. Dalloway
by Virginia Woolf
Your life seems utterly bland and normal to the casual observer, but inside you are churning with a million tensions and worries. The company you surround yourself with may be shallow, but their effects upon your reality are tremendously deep. To stay above water, you must try to act like nothing's wrong, but you know that the truth is catching up with you. You're not crazy, you're just a little unwell. But no doctor can help you now.

Yikes!

larocca
09-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Alternately, I could be The Satanic Verses. Long winded, pointless, evil, painful to endure, overrated, and a tremendous waste of your time and energy.

JJ Cooper
09-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I guess we do have something in common Miss scarletpeaches.

You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you, but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.

JJ

aruna
09-09-2007, 01:40 PM
You're Prufrock and Other Observations!
by T.S. Eliot
Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.

Hey, Jane! That's the one I got as well!
Considering we both have the same birthday, and we're the only ones to get it till now, it must mean something. Though that coffee spoon thing is a bit perplexing...

akiwiguy
09-09-2007, 02:54 PM
You're The Sound and the Fury!
by William Faulkner
Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing.

robeiae
09-09-2007, 04:25 PM
You're A People's History of the United States!
by Howard Zinn
After years of listening to other peoples' lies, you decided you've had enough. Now you're out to tell it like it is, with all the gory details and nothing left out. Instead of respecting leaders, you want to know what the common people have to offer. But this revolution still has a long way to go, and you're not against making a little profit while you wait. Honesty is your best policy.

WTF?!!

Now, I have to kill someone...

wyntermoon
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
You're Ulysses! by James Joyce
Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.

acharity
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
You're Cat's Cradle!
by Kurt Vonnegut

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... leader of a small 3rd world country, eh? I don't remember playing any games involving string... nor of being rather fond of them *rubs chin* Nor am I afraid of ice @_@ How can they gather what book you are after asking 3-4 questions, anyway?

benbradley
09-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Imagine my surprise that a link from the OP of a thread started a year and a half ago still works, but whatever - I got:

You're The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
by C.S. Lewis
You were just looking for some decent clothes when everything changed quite dramatically. For the better or for the worse, it is still hard to tell. Now it seems like winter will never end and you feel cursed. Soon there will be an epic struggle between two forces in your life and you are very concerned about a betrayal that could turn the balance. If this makes it sound like you're re-enacting Christian theological events, that may or may not be coincidence. When in doubt, put your trust in zoo animals.

It's a surprise I'd be any book by a well-known Christian writer, but even outside that, this thing is totally wrong. I am:

The Radiotron Designer's Handbook, Fourth Edition.
I'm chock full of interesting technical information, unfortunately most of it applies to vacuum tubes which are 99.9% obsolete and used only by nich high-end audiophiles for their clear, undistorted sound, and by electric guitarists for the type of distortion they give.

TsukiRyoko
09-09-2007, 05:53 PM
You're One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest!
by Ken Kesey

You're crazy. This has led people to attempt to confine you to a safe place so that you don't pose a danger to yourself or others. You feel like you pose a great danger to the man (or maybe the woman) or whatever else is keeping you down. But most of the time, you just end up being observed. Were you crazy before you were confined?

...Huh.

Just Me 2021
09-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm Lolita, naturally. (-:

EriRae
09-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm Mother Night!
by Kurt Vonnegut
Nobody knows what to believe about you, and you know least of all. You spent most of your time convinced that the ends justify the means, but your means were, well, downright mean! And the end is nigh. Meanwhile all you want is to travel back in time, if not to change, then to just delight in the way it used to be. You are who you pretend to be. Oh yes, you're the great pretender.

Someone plese tell me what this book is about, because I can't stomach another Vonnegut. I swear I almost committed myself after Slaughterhouse Five.

But I do love Freddie Mercury's version of "Great Pretender," so I guess the shoe fits?

Devil Ledbetter
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. That's a pretty accurate result.

You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

WordGypsy
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
You're The Poisonwood Bible!
by Barbara Kingsolver
Deeply rooted in a religious background, you have since become both isolated and schizophrenic. You were naively sure that your actions would help people, but of course they were resistant to your message and ultimately disaster ensued. Since you can see so many sides of the same issue, you are both wise beyond your years and tied to worthless perspectives. If you were a type of waffle, it would be Belgian.