A Lannister always...

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Whoever made it has clearly read the book rather than just seen the TV show as well... because I am not aware of Summer being mentioned in the series. As far as I remember, Bran's Direwolf is never named. Could be remembering wrong, of course...

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm half way through the second book. I haven't checked out the HBO series yet though. I definitely want to. I've heard the legions of fans for Game Of Thrones is growing so fast now that the TV series has introduced to the story to more folks, that they're predicting it may reach Lord Of the Rings levels.

That'd be cool.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I haven't seen the HBO series either and want to. I'm reading A Dance With Dragons now, little bit here and there. I'm a slow reader.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
I actually avoided the books for a long time because they came across as bad fantasy to me in the publicity. When I watched the series (purely because my wife has a thing for Sean Bean and he was therefore a big draw) it occured to me that it wasn't bad fantasy but actually quite good fantasy so I started to read the books. Unlike some books that have been made into a series where the series is better than the books in many ways (*cough* True Blood *cough*)* the quality is there in the books too.

* I should say that I like The Southern Vampire Mysteries I just find the series better in many ways...