Writer Conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro

Scribbling Scribe
Registered
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have some time off in November and I was hoping to find a writer's convention to attend after Thanksgiving. Anyone know of any really good conventions going on in the continental United States during that time?

I'm looking for something in the fiction range...preferably sci-fi, fantasy, horror genres.

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated.

BySharonNelson

(Insert something whitty here)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bysharonnelson.blogspot.com
I belong to a writing group in Oregon called Northwest Independent Writers Association (NIWA) we will be attending OryCon33 in November. It is a Sci-Fi convention for artists and writers. We will have a table there and there are writers workshops. This will be my first year attending and it looks to be awesome. Here is the link http://www.orycon.org/orycon33/ I think it is before Thanksgiving though. :( I encourage anyone who is going to be in the area to check it out.

Inkblot

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I have found some good ones by searching "Shaw Guides" for writers conferences.

You can search by type of writing, month, and location.

http://writing.shawguides.com/

JuliaH

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kazarafromtheinternet.blogspot.com
I'm curious on this as well. Okay, not so much just for conventions right after Thanksgiving, but writer conventions in general that are good for science fiction writers. I've never been to a writer convention before, but since I'm hoping to finish the edits on my novel in the next several months I'm starting to research them.

I know there's plenty of science fiction conventions, but I've yet to find one with pitch sessions and panels with agents like other writing conventions. And a lot of writing conventions seen to have very few agents doing pitch sessions that represent science fiction.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.