World Wide Pwnage!

robotamadeus

Banned
Reaction score
Heres an idea for you...what if someone had the ability to beam any thought, image, smell, sound,video, or experience into the minds of the whole planet? Psychotronic technology hints that this might be possible in the near future. But if you had this technology what would you do? There are all kinds of cool things you could do. Would you use brainwashing technologies to create a beautiful Utopian planet, or would you wreak havoc and catastrophy to create a dystopian world? Would you spread pure love and peace throughout the world and engineer peace on planet earth? With this power you would have more marketing saturation than all internet, television, radio, movies, videogames, and publishing on planet earth. What would you do if you could beam any media into the critical mass population of the whole planet? Create world wide TV shows? Market a massive empire to the whole planet? Would you become a religious leader and start your own religion? Would you start a religion around your WorldCORP and have everybody devoutly following and buying your religious products? Since everything around us is perception, and you had the ability to condition perception with potent techniques for years and years on end, how would you metamorph the perception of the world. Make everybody think black is white? Create new colors? Create a graphical optical overlay system that associates different images and colors to different concepts, knowledge, or corporate branding? Another thing you might want to do is start your own logos language. Teach the whole world anything. Would you turn the whole world into zombies that were mindlessly droning the same zen mantras over and over? YOu could also maybe create social games and spread them virally or maybe even games that people interact with in their heads. If you could spread any indoctrination or propaganda you wanted would you try to exert force on and play your hand at politics? Would you want everybody to do something crazy like worship the Power Rangers? WOuld you try to leverage your societal influence to play the stock market and either destroy or aggressively promote certain stocks in peoples minds? WOuld you make every one think they looked like animals and worship animal spirits and transmit psychadellic spiritual trips into the hive mind? End racsim? Create the mind armageddon where everyone undergoes a ClockWorkOrange experience with the most abrasive and potently deplorable experiences destroy the minds of the planet maybe? Or use this potent traumatic power to condition the world in a positive, lif affirming way? Would you create the new age Kingdom Come and be a messiah of the new age? Make everybody believe you were Jesus? Would you want to legalize drugs? Also what if with this power you also could see the future of anything on the planet through Montauk technology? You could forsee politics, economy, environmental disasters, technological advancement, etc... This is just a fun idea I came up with that may be more than just an idea in the future. How would you use this power and what cool things would you dominate the planet with this power?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
The first thing I'd do is make people use words instead of mysterious initials... but the second thing I'd do! Well now! Let's just say that no amount of little blue pill would help... :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't use it. Here's my reasoning.

I have an arch-enemy. I don't want him being in any way "the same" as anybody else, because instead of making him likable, it would make everyone else seem as bad as him (to me - because I can't forgive him, and no amount of changing him will change that).

Further, I think that if you tried to make everyone follow a train of thought perpetually, free will would step up and the hidden depths of the brain would go, "Nuh uh," and rebel against these alien thoughts.

And I really don't want my enemy to evolve this ability.

So I'd probably destroy the technology, satisfied enough to know that the theory works.

(And don't even get me started on what is wrong with trying to have a romantic relationship if you're brainwashing everyone, which is a big flaw in creating a Utopia this way.)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Make everybody think black is white?
If everybody's perceptions were changed exactly the same, you wouldn't see any change in anything. Waste of a wish.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
It might be an idea to reverse-engineer the technology and see how people's minds really work when left to their own devices. This could help solve a lot of the world's problems, without the need for morally-wrong thought control.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I repped my answer to SP :D

The rest of you can't handle the truth

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
That's quite a wall of text. I read the first couple of words and the last sentence. :p

I'd make people read with care and assume nothing.