PDA

View Full Version : Writers for children's storybook project

mwalker
10-13-2011, 05:14 AM
An education and publishing company located in Seoul is looking to hire freelance professional storybook writers for a series of children's books to be published internationally. This is a long-term project.

The first step, and most urgent, is to develop a single sample story using characters that have already been created. Beyond the first step of the project, writers will collaborate with the managing editor to develop the story across the series as well as writing the stories. We are focusing on the kindergarten and lower elementary market segments.

Criteria we are looking for in writers includes but not limited to:
- previous writing experience with children's books
- previous editing experience
- ability to develop creative entertaining story arcs

Writing teams and individual writers are welcome to apply.
Writers who are interested in the project should send a resume along with a short sample of writing.
Long-term and short-term participation in the project will be considered.

Compensation: TBD
Telecommuting is ok.
This is a part-time job/contract-based.

Carradee
10-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Which company? Do you have a website?

And how would someone apply? You don't have any contact information in your post. :)

Thanks!

mwalker
10-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Sorry about that. I just assumed writers could directly apply through a link on the page.

Please email resumes and samples to matthewawalker@gmail.com.

I am not sure all of the emails will get through to my work email providers due to compatibility issues. So please send them to my gmail account.

The company is Sogang Education Group which consists of SLP (English-learning program with 65 schools) and Sogang E&P (Publishing).

You can visit our school site at http://www.slp.ac.kr.

regdog
10-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Please note pay rates (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11828) are to be included. Leaving it as TBD is not giving people enough information

bladestalker
10-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Just to be clear are youlooking for a sample story based on your characters?

The first step, and most urgent, is to develop a single sample story using characters that have already been created. Beyond the first step of the project, writers will collaborate with the managing editor to develop the story across the series as well as writing the stories. We are focusing on the kindergarten and lower elementary market segments.

Finchlark
10-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi Matthew, I responded on 13th October but I have not heard from you. Did you receive it?

mwalker
11-10-2011, 04:52 AM
The position was filled. Thank everybody for your interest.