• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Okay, I'm ready for a beta....I think....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading through AW in my spare time, and I think I'd like a beta reader. I have two friends who read through and give me opinions, and try to catch the little errors, but I think any time a friend or family member is involved they're going to be biased.

So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in maybe being a crit partner, or maybe a beta reader. I read urban fantasy and paranormal romance, and I write urban fantasy. I have something I've been working on and have the rough draft of the first couple of chapters.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. And, if you'd like to partner, I don't have the kind of time for a 500,000 novel, but I read fast and can generally get through a book relatively quickly, though I think I'd prefer a chapter at a time.

Thanks!

Lovely Decadence

Registered
Reaction score
I think it might help if you let everyone know what your story is about, so they know whether they'd be interested in reading it and helping you out.

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I think it might help if you let everyone know what your story is about, so they know whether they'd be interested in reading it and helping you out.

Oh, I didn't think about that...guess I assumed you all were capable of mind reading.

The story I'm currently working on is about a female vampire who is in a relationship with a shapeshifter. She's the second in her coven, he's the Alpha of his pack. Shifters have started going missing, and eventually, one of the hero's pack members will disappear and end up dead. Then the action/plot/rest of the book ensues...

Is that enough info, or is more needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.