PDA

View Full Version : Question

Dark River
10-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Hi Temlyn-

I am a bit confused. If I am seeking an editor or a proofreader, where do I go? Should I just start a new thread? Where should I start it? Should I discuss pay right off or do I wait until someone responds with their own prices?

Thank you for your time. River

MysteryRiter
10-11-2011, 06:40 AM
If you want a proofreader, then you want a beta. Post some info about whatever you want proofread in the "beta readers" forum.

Dark River
10-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Sorry to bother you again. I am looking for a professional. Someone who has the creds and will work with my schedual. I have heard many times in here how awesome the beta's are, but my understanding is that some poeple in here do it professionally. Could you point me in the right direction? Or have I misunderstood? Thank you so much for your time. River

regdog
10-11-2011, 02:07 PM
MOD NOTE:I started a separate thread for this

You can use the search feature in Announcements and Self-Promotion for an editor.

Deizelcore
10-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Not in the Paying Markets forum, of that I'm sure.

Rob Lefebvre
11-11-2011, 02:47 AM
I am not aware of anyone who beta reads as a profession. It sounds like you might be a bit confused, or maybe I am. If you are looking for someone to edit than you would want an editor and that would likely cost money and there are people who do that for money. From my understanding Beta's can check for that, but they also do a lot about story content and things of that sort.

If I got any of that wrong please correct me.

Dark River
11-13-2011, 04:55 AM
You are confused. I was very specific. I AM looking for an editor. I thought there might be beta's who also edit. And I know it costs money. That's why I am seeking the services of a professional. And I wasn't planning on paying them in M&Ms.

BunnyMaz
11-13-2011, 04:59 AM
There's an ad at the top of every page on this forum for a professional editing service. Rose Jasper Fox, I think? Have you tried them?

regdog
11-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Publisher's Marketplace has professional editors and proofreaders

Unimportant
11-13-2011, 10:58 PM
The two editorial services I'd recommend are Sterling Editing and Debra Doyle (http://www.sff.net/people/doylemacdonald/editorial.html). But I think they may only work in certain genres.