PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a long, lonely night

bettielee
10-09-2011, 12:26 PM
*yawn* *stretch*

You know how you get an idea in your head (not something awesome and useful, like a new story idea) but just some new "thing" - like : I'm gonna buy a fishtank! And then you can't really do or think about anything else until you've bought that fishtank?

Yeah. I might be a little ocd.

I have no intention of buying a fishtank.

But I have a feeling I'm in for a long, lonely night.

Anybody up? Anybody got lolcats?

bettielee
10-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm watching Wolverine.

It seems to be my fallback on long, lonely nights.

Is it wrong I rewind the part where Liev Schreiber throws the girl on the bed? yes, it's wrong. I know it's wrong.

Don't judge me.

Kateness
10-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I actually intend to write.

But then, I've intended to write for about a week.

And before that, for about a month. (I'm essentially at the point where I can't legit call myself a writer anymore)

But now I actually have a thing to write about.

And I'm awake.

And instead of writing, watching shit on tv.

Snitchcat
10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm up, but doing stuff instead of writing. Ah well, at least I can think about the story lines or let them percolate longer, although one WIP requires rewriting early in.

How's the TV programming going?

backslashbaby
10-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Eeee, I'm trying to write since my stupid, stupid back keeps waking me up. But I'm grumbly and irritated and so my writing sucks at the moment.

Basically, I'm no hope at all until I can get some sleep later. I will when I'm tired enough. Just throw a blanket over me and don't poke the dragon :D I bet I really could breathe fire right now!

Ever noticed that TV is really stupid? *grumble* *mutter*

bettielee
10-09-2011, 01:04 PM
This is why I have movies at my disposal! :) Even if they are a bit stupid and trite. They are still packed with flash bangs and dudes walking away from explosions. :)

I am not exactly writing or editing, but parcelling my book out in "google doc-able" chunks.

Kateness
10-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I actually think I might have forgotten how to write. Is that possible?

bettielee
10-09-2011, 01:08 PM
No, kateness, but I don't envy you. It is so hard to start again after you've stopped. At least it was for me. I get the fear, man.

It's just the fear.

Oh, and the out-of-touch-ness-with-vocabulary.

I seriously suggest you start with exercises. You'll want to shoot yourself in the foot if you don't.

It's like a muscle that has to be exercised.

Kateness
10-09-2011, 01:11 PM
*exercises writing muscle for 5 minutes*

*gives up*

bettielee
10-09-2011, 01:13 PM
oh, it takes more than five minutes!!!

Start simple! Don't try to write the Sistine Chapel! uh... metaphor broke down at some point, I'm tired.

bettielee
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/bettieleetwo/129022898526712861.jpg

and with that, I'm going to try and go to bed.

Night, all.

Charles Farley
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Alone is not the worst thing to be . . .

Kateness
10-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Meh.

I'm just.....write-less.

Charles Farley
10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Need a muse . . how bout write . . or dont . . not my call

aspiring great
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I just got done writing what I believe to be a good little scene but other than that I have been just screwing off as well. Watch x-men first class earlier goes with your wolverine theme. Although kind of upset he has a cameo because he shouldn't be a mutant yet.

Jehhillenberg
10-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm up!

Been revising my MS and got stuck on a scene in a chapter. The notion hit me to add it in. Took bout two days to get past it. Gawsh. Couldn't read anything else or focus on anything else until I pounded that scene out.

*moseying along*

Cliff Face
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I should really be in bed, sleeping in preparation for work tomorrow. Instead I'm going to watch an episode of The Big Bang Theory. Because I can. :)

aspiring great
10-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I love big bang I need sleep too but have nothing important to sleep for so goofin off for a bit.

Wayne K
10-09-2011, 02:57 PM
:nothing

CACTUSWENDY
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
:Hug2:

Me too.................all awake and nothing to do. Have played some pogo games...read my emails....watched some meaningless TV. Sigh.

Will play some tag in the rep portions and play some more games.

What? I should be writing? :D Have not new ideas to work on.

Maybe write about a writer that can not sleep and can not write either....Nope. Not enough plot for that.

Oh well. Carry on. :hi:

CACTUSWENDY
10-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Just had a brain storm.

Stare into my eyes.....

You are getting very sleepy..............

You hear only my voice..........

Deeper .......look into my eyes..........

I will whisper you to sleep..........:
__________________:sleepy::sleepy:

Goldenleaves
10-09-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't have fishtank notions, only projects. Drives me nuts, gotta, simply gotta try this thing, try that thing, make this, make that, until my actions have convinced the entire town RIGHT NOW that I'm a genuine eccentric and there's no misunderstanding - before I can settle quietly back down to writing.

Yep, same thing I guess.

When back in harness it's all different, there's a better perspective. So it's spookily useful in the most aggravating way imaginable. Grrrr.

DL Hegel
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Stop that Wendy.

I haven't had my coffee yet.

bettielee
10-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Just had a brain storm.

Stare into my eyes.....

You are getting very sleepy..............

You hear only my voice..........

Deeper .......look into my eyes..........

I will whisper you to sleep..........:
__________________:sleepy::sleepy:

the creepy thing about this, as I have told her in reps, doesn't that cover-as-avatar look like the Jackman?

AbielleRose
10-10-2011, 12:16 AM
You in need of lolcats, Bettie?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/funny-pictures-especially-when-all-squeaky-clean.jpg

Jersey Chick
10-10-2011, 01:28 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb134/JerseyChick71/LOLCatz/himomseal.jpg

:D

Lavern08
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Did somebody say Cheese Danish?

* Thinking I might be in the wrong thread? * :Shrug:

bettielee
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
No. That was that other thread.

BeatrixKiddo
10-11-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm watching Wolverine.

It seems to be my fallback on long, lonely nights.

Is it wrong I rewind the part where Liev Schreiber throws the girl on the bed? yes, it's wrong. I know it's wrong.

Don't judge me.

Mmmm....Liev Schreiber. He is all kinds of sexy.
Wolverine was a damn good movie. Mmmm...Hugh Jackman. He is all kinds of sexy...

I've been away from the "Just Because" thread too long.

bettielee
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
what happened to the "what are you doing right now?" I liked that one.

Any late nighters up?

I can't stop thinking about apts.

Archerbird
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
You should get a clown pleco, they're awesome.

bettielee
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM
are you talking about fish? I already have a beta.

he wants to kick the cat's ass.

CACTUSWENDY
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Yawnnnnnn

going to be a long night. :poke:

bettielee
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah, pretty much.

aspiring great
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm up and hit a block because of South Park coming on. Insane they put food up their bums then did number two from their mouth's how do these people write that?

bettielee
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I have no idea. But I find it hysterical and disturbing at the same time.

Also, the NaNo sight is up. I'm writing my short synopsis. I hope it doesn't suck too hard.

aspiring great
10-11-2011, 11:56 AM
It being so funny is what rolled me off track. Anyways sorry if I sound like a dolt but total newbie not familiar with NaNo.

bettielee
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Nation Novel Writing Month.

It's a month of madness, where people all across the land, the experienced and the first timer, try and write a 50K novel (or thereabouts, or set their own goals, etc. etc.) but the idea is to have a novel by the end of the month. Some just go for the 50k goal, some go for the novel. Some think you must meet both criteria.

aspiring great
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I wish I could do that. Not saying I wish I could get in I know that 50k is too much for me in a month I'd need at least another 20 days at my current rate, then I'd be left with pure garbage.

I can type 100wpm but in no particular order.:)

bettielee
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
ah, it's an experience. :) I'm STOKED

aspiring great
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Hey I know you digs the nordic mythology how much have you read? If any?

bettielee
10-11-2011, 12:35 PM
uh.... very little. Just bits and bobs, to be honest, and much of it as a result of poking about on Tolkien sites, that point out where he got much of his info. And a little bit of stuff inspired by Elizabeth Bear's Blood and Iron, which is heavily nordic inspired.

I do love me some fairies, though.

aspiring great
10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
ah the mythos is like crack for me I'll my naighbors tv for it.:D

Wicked
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Ah, NaNo. :(

I've got two partial novels waiting on my hard drive. I don't think I should start yet another one. Unless of course I pull a rabbit out of my hat and finish one of these first. (Bettielee, do you still have that sparkle hammer? I could use a smack upside the head with it. :tongue)

Our local B&N has a very sad amount of folklore and mythology. Japanese, Norse, and Greek/Roman. That's it.
Tsk tsk tsk

I asked the kid working there if they had anything on Slavic folklore, and he looked at me like I was from Mars.

bettielee
10-12-2011, 02:20 AM
oooh! The fairysparklesledgehammerofdooooooom!

yes. It's right here.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/bettieleetwo/fairy14.gif

BeatrixKiddo
10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Nation Novel Writing Month.

It's a month of madness, where people all across the land, the experienced and the first timer, try and write a 50K novel (or thereabouts, or set their own goals, etc. etc.) but the idea is to have a novel by the end of the month. Some just go for the 50k goal, some go for the novel. Some think you must meet both criteria.

I've never done it. I was wondering if I should try this year. I just never have enough time due to work. Stupid bills!

EAPerkins
10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
I am over-caffeinated and under-productive. Perhaps I should watch Twister for the billionth time??

"Cow!"
" 'Nother Cow!"
"Actually...I think it's the same one."

Ambrosia
10-12-2011, 05:00 PM
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/NectarOfGods/Quotes%20and%20Posters/funny-pictures-cat-and-bird-are-not.jpg

bettielee
10-13-2011, 10:10 AM
ah, the raven! :)

Through no fault of my own, Wolverine was on tv tonight. I did watch while I edited, but I also edited.

aspiring great
10-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey Bettie how's the lonely night treatin ya

bettielee
10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Long and lonely, as usual! But the cat is awake.

There's that.

bettielee
10-13-2011, 12:09 PM
...and that was my 18k post!

whoooo, me!

aspiring great
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
aww well there is that, I was hopin you'd drop by. I actually wrote 1k today. fairly quickly as well I was thinking I didn't have anything to write then staerted jamming it out. know it's not as much as you burn in a day but it was the most in a sitting for me and was like an hour and a half maybe.

bettielee
10-13-2011, 12:16 PM
awesome! congrats! :)

CACTUSWENDY
10-13-2011, 12:57 PM
............and another long night.

bettielee
10-13-2011, 07:30 PM
and I left you all by yourself. I didn't get to bed till after 2:45 or so and had to wake up at 7:15. Sigh.

bettielee
10-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Tomorrow is my day off and I am going to hit the edits and rock them like a hurricane. Sorry. Someone told me to rock it like a hurricane and I can't think of it as anything else. I've also been going through my iphoto pictures and looking at houses and models and fairies.

*crickets*

Wayne K
10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
:popcorn:

bettielee
10-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I thought I smelled popcorn.

I really gotta go to bed.

bettielee
10-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Holy cow. Lot of action today. I finally got some serious editing done and I read an entire book. Whooo dogies. My eyes are BURNING! I have to go to bed!!!!

regdog
10-15-2011, 01:53 PM
I should think so. I should finish my editing today. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bettielee
10-15-2011, 01:54 PM
congrats! pull up a chair, or a blankie and a smushy pillow. There are lots of those for reclining here.

Gawsh. I am tired.

regdog
10-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Love smushy pillows

BeatrixKiddo
10-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Holy cow. Lot of action today. I finally got some serious editing done and I read an entire book. Whooo dogies. My eyes are BURNING! I have to go to bed!!!!

My eyes are burning from all the burning everyone is doing everywhere right now due to the falling leaves. Ugh. Can't wait till the burning season is over.

How are the rest of the Long & Lonely Nighters this evening?

Cliff Face
10-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Speaking of smushy pillows, a local store of mine just started stocking cushions with gothic fairies printed on them. So awesome! They're not the most comfortable cushions, but they look so good it's not funny.

Just thought I'd share. I'm sure bettielee would want one or seven of those. ;)

(Actually, I'm tempted to buy a couple for my bed... Black satin with gothic fairies, meet black bedsheets and pillowcases!)

That store (basically a Wiccan/Pagan store, though also with Hindu and some Christian items) also happens to have coffee mugs with the same designs on them. I totally want some of those! I mean, I drink coffee every day, and I love the artwork.

However, at $13 or so per mug, it's maybe not the smartest purchase for me right now...

Cliff Face
10-16-2011, 08:19 AM
And Goddess only knows how much the cushions cost!

Actually, I'm not working tomorrow. I might do some price scouting. I covet those items. ;)

CACTUSWENDY
10-16-2011, 09:19 AM
The start of another long night.

W00t!

bettielee
10-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Speaking of smushy pillows, a local store of mine just started stocking cushions with gothic fairies printed on them. So awesome! They're not the most comfortable cushions, but they look so good it's not funny.

Just thought I'd share. I'm sure bettielee would want one or seven of those. ;)

Dude!

/fairy-want

I did another blog post about the lost weekend... but where I spend 5 hours working yesterday, I only did about 1-1/2 hours today. I'll do more serious works tomorrow.

*yawn stretch*

Watching the 48 hours featuring an AW person that is a prosecutor in Texas. The episode is about Natalie Antonetti and how her murder was solved. I don't remember the AWers name, and he hasn't shown up yet.

bettielee
10-16-2011, 09:43 AM
omg, the villain's attorney looks like William H Macy

Cliff Face
10-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Dude!

/fairy-want

I might have to buy one of them tomorrow. I'm sure people in my real life will be all, "Fairies? But you're a guy!" And you know what? Style knows no gender.

Or something.

Woo gothic fairies!

*stumbles off in a drunken stupor*

Cliff Face
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Gah. The fairy cushions cost $30 each! The mugs I want are $13 each, which isn't too bad all things considered.

There also happen to be some other mugs with more mythical creatures and less gothic fairies, but they cost $19 each, and I don't like the designs as much.

Still haven't bought any of the mugs... I can't justify spending that sort of money on a coffee mug when I live in a house with about 20 coffee mugs already...

bettielee
10-18-2011, 07:25 PM
well, I had a long lonely night last night, but it was with a book, so... I wasn't on the internets.

bettielee
10-23-2011, 07:18 AM
tonight will probably be one of those nights.

I have to edit tonight. I haven't done squat allllll day.

bettielee
10-24-2011, 09:47 AM
My standard long lonely night movie is on tv - Wolverine. :) I'm also going to read the first Kingkiller Chronicles (liba'ry book) during the commercials.

Cliff Face
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Yup, it'll be a long lonely night for me too. I'll be reading a book by Maryjanice Davidson. :) I'm pretty sure there's only 3 left in the series, and I want to try to finish it off soon. (I bought the last book today, against all logic of my spaceless bookcases.) I love these books, but it's taken me forever to finish them.

Like, I bought the first 1, devoured that, then was waiting for 2 and 3 to be available in my local store, so I started on some other books, eventually got round to those 2, then didn't have money for book 4, read some other ones, etc. etc.

Now I'm 1/3 the way through 6, and I have 7 and 8 which I think is all there will ever be for this series.

Really itching to put this series behind me, mostly because when I picked up book 6 two days ago, I had no recollection of what had happened at the end of book 5, so I was feeling a bit lost with the plot...

It's probably been about 3 years since I read the first one... Whoops. :tongue

Cliff Face
10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
(It's the Undead series, if anyone was wondering. Funny UF/PNR. :))

But yeah - without reading the blurb (I avoid spoilers!) I'm pretty sure "Undead And Unfinished" will be the last one. They're all called "Undead And Un-X" so the fact that the one I bought today is called "Finished" - well, you do the math. :)

:)

Cliff Face
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Bugger...

I realised that I am missing book 8 of 9 books... I thought I just bought book 8, which was the most recent one... But there's one I haven't got yet, and the one I bought today was actually book 9... D'oh!

Oh well. I still have to read book 7. Book 6 is almost finished now. :) (Though I'm becoming more and more convinced that I never actually read book 5 either... Or maybe I've just completely forgotten what happened in that book? I might have to go back to it once this one is finished.)

Cliff Face
10-29-2011, 06:23 AM
Not yet night-time here, but I already mentioned these cool fairy mugs in here, so I thought I'd share this link (http://www.zazzle.com.au/leslie_fairy_black_beauty_guitar_mug-168482841496477847).

I just bought a mug with this design on it (though the mug is black, not white, and seems to have come from a different company). :)

Are you jealous yet, bettie? :tongue

I've already had a coffee out of it. It tasted like... Win! :D

Cliff Face
10-29-2011, 06:25 AM
Oh, and somehow getting it through a different company (in a store) only cost me $12.95, instead of the quoted $22.85 on that site. Even more win!

bettielee
10-29-2011, 09:43 AM
She's lovely, Cliff! But I have these ladies

http://www.fairiesandfantasy.com/catalog.php?item=2507

http://www.fairiesandfantasy.com/catalog.php?item=1575

I bought them when she was having a buy one get one free sale! :) She's my fave artist.

Long, lonely night ahead. I luv that they are playing 30 days of night after Twilight. I would like to watch the whole thing, but RANSOM is coming on in awhile! I haven't seen that in forever, and its one of my favorite movies. It's got two of my favorite men in it! Gary Senise and a young, nubile Liev Schreiber! Oh well, I'll watch it tomorrow night when they replay it. I've watched a whole lotta scary movies this week! I luv Halloween.

Anyway, I've got more editing ahead of me. I didn't get as much done today as I wanted, cuz I needed another scene in. I seem to be writing slower'n molasses.

bettielee
10-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok, I need to bring an end to my long lonely night and go to bed. Another day of editing awaits.

Cliff Face
10-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Night fairy. :)

PS. I love the one in the second link. The first one, however, isn't dark enough for my tastes. *evil*

LOL, I totally love my new mug. I've had 3 coffees in it today already. :tongue Add that to the 2 I had while I was at the shops, my morning coffee when I first woke up, and the can of Red Bull I had, and I don't think I'll be sleeping any time soon. :D

bettielee
11-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Another long lonely night ahead. I've had all day, but I ain't writ a lick! And I got 3k to rack on ye olde NaNo novel!!

Since it's late, I can't turn the itunes up and just let them blare. I might put on something with some good music on in the background. But that way lies madness.... dammit. What to do.

And don't say earphones... kitteh ate the good "over the head ones" and all I have are those damn ibud ear killers. I hate those damn things.

Cliff Face
11-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Put iTunes on quiet?

I always have my mp3s playing when I'm on the computer - if it's late at night, the speakers just get turned down low.

bettielee
11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah, but I like to rock, dude.

Cliff Face
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Then become a famous author, and use the money you make to pay off your neighbours so they don't complain about the noise.

Or, you know, buy a big-arse mansion and rock it massively every night. ;)

Cliff Face
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Wait... that's MY plan!

Give it back!

bettielee
11-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I am really likin' this plan.

You may have something, there, Cliff. :)

Cliff Face
11-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Now we've just got to impress the publishing industry, readers, realtors and probably some sort of mechanical humanoid from space.

:)

BeatrixKiddo
11-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Another long lonely night? *hugs entire thread*

bettielee
11-06-2011, 10:20 AM
I was going to start writing, and a huge headache came out of the sky to fall on me. I put in True Grit, but now my headache is fading. It looks like I'll have another late night of writing.

Jehhillenberg
11-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Another long lonely night? *hugs entire thread*

Second this.

Have papers to write for class, but...I wanna work on my subbing package, get some writing done. *boo classes* 1:39AM here. Day Light's Saving. Hmph!

bettielee
11-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Headache came surging back. I think I've come to my limit of ibuprofin for the day, but I ain't worried - I'm ahead of the game.

*joins group hug*

bettielee
12-09-2011, 09:11 AM
I have fallen so far behind on my goals. I have lost faith in my story. I am starting to flail. So, I'm starting an experiment on my blog, where I do the "12 days of writing exercises" - and I'm also going to freaking write tonight. I've baked biscuits, which helped warm up the apt. Who knew? when freezing f'ing cold.... cook.

Berber
12-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I have fallen so far behind on my goals. I have lost faith in my story. I am starting to flail. So, I'm starting an experiment on my blog, where I do the "12 days of writing exercises" - and I'm also going to freaking write tonight. I've baked biscuits, which helped warm up the apt. Who knew? when freezing f'ing cold.... cook.

Sounds good, I do not know in which time zone you live,
But I live in the Netherlands and currently it is morning.
But I going to stay up all night.
Though, occasionally looking at my women watches (http://www.chrono24.com/en/watches/womens-watches--35.htm) too look if it's not too late

bettielee
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm in the US in California... I've been trying to write, but all I seem to be doing is trolling on the internet.... darnit....

Greetings, though, Berber, and I hope we see you in the long, lonley night thread again. For now, I'm going to bed. Gosh. I'm tired. And very cold.

Cliff Face
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Snuggle up with your evil cat. That'll show her!