I had an awesome dream last night.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
It was like post-apocalyptic meets Cthulhu mythos meets evil corporation/mad scientist.

Unfortunately, even with my dream journal I was only able to retain a few details about it.

Several interesting instances from the dream:

• Escaping down the interior of a skyscraper while attempting not to be caught by a a formless being that was devouring the building and all the enemies are waiting at the bottom for. Taking the elevator was a bad idea.
  • At one point my POV fished a soul out of the Necronomicon-turned-yellow-sludge.
  • I think my POV was part of some kind of resistance movement. Although what we were resisting I'm not sure . . . we had a council of leaders. One of them was some kind of female spider monstrosity.
  • Said council gets captured at one point and pulled down a pit to a very dark place where my POV got to watch a fight between an eldritch/magical monster (who was on the side of the resistance and vaguely resembled a brown/purple anthropomorphized frog with no eyes and branches coming out of its head) and some kind of insane biochemical creation made of coral go at one another. They were literally ripping chunks off of one another. Somehow they ended up in the ocean at one stage. The POV's friend won, and then the floor turned into hot, black quicksand that continued to pull us all down even further.

That's just what I was able to get down before it escaped me when I woke up. It was a long dream.

Damn it, I'm gonna have to turn this into a story aren't I . . . maybe I'll get lucky and it will become one of my recurring/continuing dreams.

I envy my dreaming brain's creative ability.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I envy your ability to dream. And my wife's ability to dream. It appears that you both not only have the ability to dream, but you both have crazy, effing weird, awesome dreams. I never remember my dreams--to the point that I have no first-hand knowledge that I even have dreams. :/

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
PS: I console myself by writing some of my brother's dreams. He has crazy, effing-weird, awesome dreams and tells me about them. And he's not a writer, so he doesn't care that I take them and twist them into stories. My first novel started as a short story based on one of his dreams. :)

aspiring great

Brains!
Registered
Reaction score
I had that same dream. no not really I have weird dreams but nothing ever out of the realm of reality and I have an insane ability to remember my entire dream, I remember dreams from grade school.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Just had a brain storm.

Stare into my eyes.....

You are getting very sleepy..............

You hear only my voice..........

Deeper .......look into my eyes..........

I will whisper you to sleep..........:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
The only dreams I seem to recall with acute details are of a sexual nature. You'd think that would be a bonus, but they usually include partners I shouldn't be intimate with in the first place, such as close relatives, family pets and furniture objects.

It's all very unsettling when it occurs, which is rare these days, thank goodness.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
It was like post-apocalyptic meets Cthulhu mythos meets evil corporation/mad scientist.

Unfortunately, even with my dream journal I was only able to retain a few details about it.

Several interesting instances from the dream:

• Escaping down the interior of a skyscraper while attempting not to be caught by a a formless being that was devouring the building and all the enemies are waiting at the bottom for. Taking the elevator was a bad idea.
The obligation to write(skyscraper) and the writing void (formless being) whilst the old fears and mistakes haunt you (enemies) but you're determined not to take the fearful (suffocating) option of outlining (elevator)

• At one point my POV fished a soul out of the Necronomicon-turned-yellow-sludge.
  • I think my POV was part of some kind of resistance movement. Although what we were resisting I'm not sure . . . we had a council of leaders. One of them was some kind of female spider monstrosity.
  • Said council gets captured at one point and pulled down a pit to a very dark place where my POV got to watch a fight between an eldritch/magical monster (who was on the side of the resistance and vaguely resembled a brown/purple anthropomorphized frog with no eyes and branches coming out of its head) and some kind of insane biochemical creation made of coral go at one another. They were literally ripping chunks off of one another. Somehow they ended up in the ocean at one stage. The POV's friend won, and then the floor turned into hot, black quicksand that continued to pull us all down even further.

That's just what I was able to get down before it escaped me when I woke up. It was a long dream.

Damn it, I'm gonna have to turn this into a story aren't I . . . maybe I'll get lucky and it will become one of my recurring/continuing dreams.

I envy my dreaming brain's creative ability.

the rest is all linked to the initial analysis. that'll be 200 dollars please.

Dr Paul