Worst household chore--

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Today I spent 3 hours clearing the stove and ovens. I feel like I don't have any finger prints left, and all I can smell is Easy Off that doesn't make anything easy at all.

SO what is your worst household chore?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't clean the oven. Then again, I never really use it.

For me, the worst chore is grocery shopping. I know that's not technically a household chore, but you do have to unload the groceries when you get home. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe not the worse (since I don't have to do it that often), but I dread washing the French doors. There's two doors, each with 3x5 panes--which makes for 120 little corners to wash.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Worst to me, means that there might be one more enjoyable than another... which makes me think, because for some strange reason I do feel a certain peace with a dust cloth and some lemony smelling cleaner... so it's not dusting... hmmmm. Cleaning out the fridge, top to bottom, that kinda bites...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
None of you are welcome in my house. Bunch of clean freaks.

:D

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Watching younger brothers. My God. Oh and dishes, cleaning bathroom, and vacuuming. Thank goodness for dishwashers.

SRHowen

Registered
Reaction score
The bathroom. Especially around the toilet since we have two boys who have never known how to aim.

The oven is the easiest. It's self-cleaning and just a matter of wiping out the white ash.

My boys are adults now and have their own toilets, LOL

Funny my husband has been deployed twice, and on other away from home duty almost since we bought the house--today he asked what did you do today when he called, I said cleaned the oven, he said oh that must have gone quick just turn on the self clean and wipe.

Umm, ok I get that you have only been home about a year total out of the last 4, but sheesh, you could remember we do not have a self cleaning oven--I was pretty steamed.

Dishes and laundry rank near the top even though I do have a super good dishwasher, I hate loading the things and putting the dishes away, laundry, it's the folding, ugh.

Generally, I hate housework period.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The oven is the easiest. It's self-cleaning and just a matter of wiping out the white ash.

What I've never quite figured out is how "gunk" gets behind the stove. It's not like I have a bunch of stuff boiling over all the time.

SRHowen

Registered
Reaction score
Or down the sides, and I don't cook black gooey stuff, yet that's what gets down the sides of it. How? Must be things related to the sock gremlins who do it.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bah, I hate all of it. However, I do love a clean, good smelling place. My dream is to live in a motel room. The maid would have to clean it every day and leave new little individually wrapped soaps and cups and everything. :)

Last edited:

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Fruitbat;6618400[SIZE=3 said:
][/SIZE]Bah, I hate all of it. However, I do love a clean, good smelling place. ...

I'm the same way. So what to do to get that clean, good-smelling place? ALL OF IT. Yuck!

But the worst is cleaning the tubs. The scrubbing with the brush on my knees and screws up my shoulders and neck. Man, I hate it. IhateitIhateitIhateitIhateitIhateit.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or down the sides, and I don't cook black gooey stuff, yet that's what gets down the sides of it. How? Must be things related to the sock gremlins who do it.

Socks are evil!

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Unloading the dishwasher. I friggin haaaaate doing that. Passionately hate doing that. I'd clean ten bathrooms over unloading one load of clean dishes.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Laundry. Not so much washing or drying, that is easy. But the folding, putting away, and the worst - ironing! I would rather do anything else.

Don't much care for cleaning bathrooms, but a gross bathroom is well, gross. It feels rewarding to have a sparkling bathroom.

My favorite? Vacuuming and steam cleaning the carpets. :)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Cleaning the toilet. It's a toilet, so ew, really.

The most annoying one is picking up the branches and sticks that fall out of all my big trees, far away from any good place to put them. I wish I could just sweep them under a couch :D

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I have a sign that says "You are welcome to admire the dust, but please don't write in it." I hate dusting. I also hate having to use the hoover to suck up the cobwebs which I should do every week.

If there are self cleaning ovens why are there no self cleaning houses?

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I dislike vacuuming the most because I always get all sweaty doing it, usually bash my toes on something or run them over, vacuuming stairs is horribly awkward, and then at the end I have to empty the canister and generally manage to get dust on me and breathe it too.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I dislike vacuuming the most because I always get all sweaty doing it, usually bash my toes on something or run them over, vacuuming stairs is horribly awkward, and then at the end I have to empty the canister and generally manage to get dust on me and breathe it too.

Have you tried putting the canister in a bin bag and emptying it? That is what I do - I also wait a minute or two after emptying it so the dust settles.

I also hate vacuuming the stairs.

JSDR

wants moar baddassery.
Registered
Reaction score
I once turned the "self-clean" option on in an oven that hadn't been cleaned since it was installed I don't even know how long ago. We had to evacuate the house.

Anyway, I think worse chore is doing the dishes after holiday meals or parties. There are so many pots and pans that don't fit in the dishwasher - which does a double load those nights.