• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta For 80K Literary Something (Willing to Swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanDavid

Registered
Reaction score
I would greatly appreciate some beta readers for my 80K literary (I'm assuming) with some elements of psychological/supernatural thriller. Sorry, not great with genres and I hate the idea I might set someone's hopes up only for the story to turn out to be something else. If it's not any of these things, I'm open to opinions, but for now that's the closest I can come to describing it.

I've had great help from my previous beta, but I really need more eyes to look it over before I start querying agents.

The story is pretty slow-paced and descriptive, and very character driven, just in case this isn't your sort of thing. The 1st three chapters, in particular, are a source of worry for me. Though 'I' personally feel they contribute, I'm doubting most will feel the same.

I'm looking for opinions on the plotting, pacing, and whether or not the characters are likeable enough, particularly the MC, who is I'm afraid, fairly passive. No line-by-lining is necessary. :)

Here's a bit of the synopsis:

Synth pop band, Schlechter Kaffee have just started work on their fifth album. Things are going particularly well for enigmatic songwriter, Vince. With the help of his closest mates and his lover, he’s all but forgotten the past trauma, and the nightmares that have plagued him most of his life. Or so he thought. When he’s jolted awake, skin burning and mind etched with the image of the woman who abused him seven years ago, he knows it’s not over.

If this sounds at all remotely interesting, feel free to PM me. I can start with the first few chapters, if you'd like, or just send the whole thing. It's up to you. I will warn that the story contains controversial and objectionable content. LGBT themes, drug use, profanity, BDSM, rape, abuse... etc.

I'm more than willing to swap, if you'd like. I can read anything, really. :) And I certainly have no subject matter issues.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.