Cover

micahcannibal

I am a Cannibal :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
So I couldn't find a place for this, so my apologies if this is the wrong place :)

I have been working on experimenting a cover for my story and I don't have artistic skills but this is what I came up with(hopefully it will show up)

vyqglh.jpg

Any thoughts? I mean, it's not the best(I know) but i was wondering how do amateur/upcoming writers go about creating book covers?

I like it just because it says the title of the Story Hell
as well as I love the Fire hand

since my story deals with Angels & Demons and a group of children who are isolated from the adults

Ashes Oh Ashes

Honest, not Harsh
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blogofron.com
Hey, not bad for doing it yourself. What program did you use?

Personally, I find the concept a little trite. It just seems too obvious for me. I think you could do something better. That's just my opinion though, and I'm completely biased against having any sort of flames on the cover (Which goes to show that I shouldn't be listened to on this subject).

For some reason this reminds me of the Fahrenheit 451 cover, at least the one I read.

Last edited:

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
I agree with Ashes. The concept is a bit too obvious.

On another note, some amateurs commission their friends or deviantart artists to do cover art. It isn't bad for someone inexperienced though. I'd go with a different font -- perhaps stretch the image rather than crop it and center it.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Also there is a thread in the selfpublishing/POD just for covers and feedback

Now, not bad for a first attempt and by yourself. Personally I'm not a fan of hard lines. You have the black, the red and hand with is in a box, and the words which are simple font. It just doesn't grab my attention, if it all flowed better.

Goodluck!

Dani

Cuddly sweet teddy bear!
Registered
Reaction score
I think what others have said is pretty appropos. You're a model (I checked your tumblr). You have beautiful skin. I think a picture of your back and if you have photoshop skills you can attach some wings and then another shadowed picture that you can use for the demon and you can make a really interesting cover without much trouble.

Is it angels vs demons? Or angels and demons together against mankind etc?

micahcannibal

I am a Cannibal :)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.enterthefayz.com
I think what others have said is pretty appropos. You're a model (I checked your tumblr). You have beautiful skin. I think a picture of your back and if you have photoshop skills you can attach some wings and then another shadowed picture that you can use for the demon and you can make a really interesting cover without much trouble.

Is it angels vs demons? Or angels and demons together against mankind etc?

Thank you for the Lovely compliment, Dani :)

As for the story, I think it's more of an Angels Vs Demon for the remaining mankind thing is what I am going with.
I love your idea for the cover though.