Your Wish List

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
This might have been done before, so if it has mods please merge. But I thought it would be fun since the holidays are coming, what's your wish list? (even if you never get it, you can still wish right?)

My wish list:

an agent (but that's a given)
an e-reader (a good one with the internet)
ink cartridges (21 black for HP Deskjet F4180, in case someone here wants to get me one. lol)
typing paper
stamps
a hardcover of Wintergirls
and for my husband to get a job (that's actually my top one, but I've already wished that for my birthday and it still didn't happen sooo...okay enough on that)

your turn!

Alwaysinspired

Registered
Reaction score
I want my husband to stay cancer-free. When those you love are facing serious health issues, everything else takes a backseat. I learned that lesson this year.

I want my debut eBook to do well. Yes, the money would be nice, but I'm concentrating more on building a fanbase for any future books I might write

To finish revising my first manuscript

To acquire an amazing agent who will work tirelessly to get that manuscript sold to a huge publishing house

For the economy to pick up, so those who are unemployed and want to work can find jobs

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
1. I want the first-ever CD by The Agonist. (Mum will order that for me online in time for Christmas. We have an arrangement, whereby she never knows what to get me, so I tell her things she can buy for me.)

2. I want to make it into the AW Spec Fic Anthology.

3. I want to survive this Uni subject without failing.

4. If anyone has a spare $540, I'd really like a Cort EVL-K4 electric guitar, and a 20W Peavey amplifier. (Though the amp will cost extra.) Hurry now - that $540 is a sale price of a saving of about $240!

5. I want a permanent job, so I can save up to move out of mum's house and finally get A) more room and B) independence.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I like wishing for things... :tongue

1.) to finish my Spanish course by the end of November

2.) to get a good score on the SAT test I took yesterday (aiming for a 500 in reading, 600 in writing and 700 in math)

3.) to get into college (there's a small school application program for the university I'm applying for and I'm supposed to find out the day I apply if I make it in... Early November is going to be stressful)

4.) to find some time that I'm NOT working on school stuff to write... (so far I'm not having much luck with that)

5.) um... to actually think of wishes that aren't school-related... xD

~Amber~

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I want my husband to stay cancer-free. When those you love are facing serious health issues, everything else takes a backseat. I learned that lesson this year.

I want my debut eBook to do well. Yes, the money would be nice, but I'm concentrating more on building a fanbase for any future books I might write

To finish revising my first manuscript

To acquire an amazing agent who will work tirelessly to get that manuscript sold to a huge publishing house

For the economy to pick up, so those who are unemployed and want to work can find jobs

My wish list is almost identical to Alwaysinspired's list.

1. Same with my hubby: Diagnosed with incurable cancer 5 years ago, in remission for last 3 years. I wish it to stay that way.

2. I wish I would quit dithering and finish this ms.

3. I wish to craft and submit a successful query for it.

4. I wish for the economy to pick up and new jobs to be created. Folks around here are really suffering.

5. I wish to sell this house so we can downsize; this mortgage is taking almost half our net income now.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
1.) for my son not to have to go to the middle east for round 2

2.) to regain my vision

3.) a new kidney without someone having to die to get it.

4.) for everyone to be home for Christmas, kids, grandkids, my husband.

5.) and for the raccoon not to snag the dill dip this year, what a mess that was.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
There are so many things I could wish for. But much of it is obtainable through lots of hard work and a little bit of luck. I guess my wish list runs thus:

1) Mutual acceptance of each other's culture, flaws and perfections, all.
2) Basic decency and honesty for everyone -- no disruptive and negative office politics, scams, cons, crime, etc. Yes, this is idealistic, but I can dream and wish. :)
3) Mutual respect for all life.

Hehehe. Am I really that naive? No. But it is my wish list. :)

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
A three book deal in every genre I write in. :)
Wish that all baked goods were actually calorie free (and taste great!)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I wish for:

My mother to get over the grief of my father's death and find a measure of happiness.
People to buy my book when it comes out next year (and like it please).
Enough financial success from my writing to retire from the day job as a technical writer. The writing life!
My children and husband's continued health.

iRock

That's how I roll
Registered
Reaction score
My wish list is simple:

A happy, healthy husband and kids.
A happy, healthy extended family.
Happy, healthy friends.

Also, I want an elephant.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Also, I want an elephant.

I got my hubby an elephant for his birthday once (well, I adopted one in his name at a zoo.) He was always asking for an elephant so I got him one. I had great fun telling him 'we have to go get your pressie.' 'Can't you get it posted?' 'nooo, not really....'

We went to see it. He was well chuffed.

Until it killed its keeper (possibly accidentally). I still say it was Old Man's fault.