• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Literary Crime Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Mathis

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm looking for a beta for my novel. I'm not quite sure what genre it fits in, but literary crime drama seems to be a good way to say it. The story follows three eventful weeks in the life of a young woman who is the heir to a large black market crime family. That includes the return of her estranged father, a new love interest, an FBI investigation, and suspicious activity from their long-time rivals.

I've already written four drafts on my own, and the latest is about 48,900 words. It's meant to be the first book in a trilogy, but I know it also needs to work as a stand-alone. Right now, my main focus to make sure that all the major elements- plot, characters, continuity- work before dealing with grammar and syntax and such (which I'll probably need a bit of help with).

I'd like to work with an experienced beta-reader, someone reliable and polite, but honest. If you're interested, please let me know how to contact you.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.