A question.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
This may sound silly, but I've got to ask.
If you've been rejected by an agency and you realise that your manuscript is a load of cack, so you go back and rewrite like mad and eventually make it into a good story, is it ok to query back to the same agencies that have already knocked it back?
Discuss.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
If a minimum of six months have passed and your manuscript has changed dramatically then yes. But I would give it a year. Make sure it's really ready this time because, even if you wait a good long time, there is likely no third chance.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on the agency and how much you've changed. If the agency says "no from one means no from all," then you can only requery if you changed so much that it's practically a whole new novel (including character names, title, and your query description). If the agency is open to querying a 2nd agent after getting rejected from the first, go ahead :)

Last edited:

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
I Third the above advice. If the novel is changed, new title, and almost an entirely new MS you may be able to get away with it. In any event, I'd query different agents and the agency. And wait, like 6 months to a year.

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. It's what I kind of thought. Cheers.

PhotoHutch

Registered
Reaction score
Don't give up completely. I have seen on several agent's sites that they will take a second look at a manuscript if it's undergone major revision.

Might be worthwhile to take a peek at their sites.

Good luck!

Nugus

Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, thanks for that. Where there's imagination there's hope.