PDA

View Full Version : Blog Traffic

Drachen Jager
09-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know at what point blog traffic pays off? My agent is taking my manuscript to publishers right now and I'm just wondering how many hits I have to get on my blog before publishers start to take it into account.

I'm on the cusp of hitting 1,000 hits a week and climbing fast and my blog has been mentioned in two major online steampunk news sources.

Medievalist
09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
First, "hits" is not what you want. A "hit" occurs every time a page element—an image, a block of text, a sidebar—loads into a visitor's browser.

What's interesting are the number of unique visitors.

Drachen Jager
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, sorry wrong terminology. I should have said views.

veinglory
09-27-2011, 10:07 PM
I, personally, wouldn't make a point of mentioning traffic until it exceeds 5000 uniques a month. This is based on 5000 being the bottom rung of several selective ad networks.

Dana W
09-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know at what point blog traffic pays off? My agent is taking my manuscript to publishers right now and I'm just wondering how many hits I have to get on my blog before publishers start to take it into account.

I'm on the cusp of hitting 1,000 hits a week and climbing fast and my blog has been mentioned in two major online steampunk news sources.

Congratulations, that's great!

nancy sv
09-28-2011, 08:17 AM
So if you're getting significantly more than that amount, would that be something to emphasize in queries to agents? Every time I ask the question about numbers, people just tell me you need "good" traffic - but that doesn't tell me anything! We're getting around 20,000 unique visitors per month now - emphasize that or downplay it?

Drachen Jager
10-06-2011, 11:49 PM
My agent told me to include the 1,000 hits a week thing in my bio for sending to publishers. So I assume it's over the threshold where they care.