Blog Traffic

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know at what point blog traffic pays off? My agent is taking my manuscript to publishers right now and I'm just wondering how many hits I have to get on my blog before publishers start to take it into account.

I'm on the cusp of hitting 1,000 hits a week and climbing fast and my blog has been mentioned in two major online steampunk news sources.

Deleted member 42

First, "hits" is not what you want. A "hit" occurs every time a page element—an image, a block of text, a sidebar—loads into a visitor's browser.

What's interesting are the number of unique visitors.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry wrong terminology. I should have said views.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I, personally, wouldn't make a point of mentioning traffic until it exceeds 5000 uniques a month. This is based on 5000 being the bottom rung of several selective ad networks.

Dana W

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know at what point blog traffic pays off? My agent is taking my manuscript to publishers right now and I'm just wondering how many hits I have to get on my blog before publishers start to take it into account.

I'm on the cusp of hitting 1,000 hits a week and climbing fast and my blog has been mentioned in two major online steampunk news sources.

Congratulations, that's great!

nancy sv

30 months on a bicycle...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familyonbikes.com
So if you're getting significantly more than that amount, would that be something to emphasize in queries to agents? Every time I ask the question about numbers, people just tell me you need "good" traffic - but that doesn't tell me anything! We're getting around 20,000 unique visitors per month now - emphasize that or downplay it?

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
My agent told me to include the 1,000 hits a week thing in my bio for sending to publishers. So I assume it's over the threshold where they care.