• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Christian fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
I've completed a 65,000 word Christian fiction novel. I'm looking for a few beta readers to provide criticism from the writer's point of view. The novel is already out to family and friends, but I'm looking for criticism from fellow writers.

Here is the hook I've been kicking around:

"When the drinking habits of faithless Brian Morgan land him in a hospital bed, he meets fellow nonbeliever Benjamin Richards, who unintentionally sends him off on a journey to discover God's word."

The beta reader does not have to be a Christian fiction writer. I will take writers from all genres. I want to find out how the writing is, regardless of the genre.

I will take all forms of criticism, although the harsher the better. I need it polished before sending to agents and publishers. Turnaround time is up to you. I plan to ignore the novel for the next month, outside of working on queries and synopses. If it takes longer than a month to beta, that's fine. I am still interested in comments.

shawn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll be happy to read the first couple of chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.