View Full Version : Anyone know about interrogation??

09-25-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm just wondering if interrogators have a nickname for what they call the people they interrogate. Perhaps something they use when they're talking to other interrogators? ao lot nu triumph (http://doxinh.com/danh-muc/thuong-hieu-do-lot/hang-triumph/ao-nguc-triumph/) quan lot nu (http://doxinh.com.vn/danh-muc/do-lot-nu/quan-lot-nu/) binh sua so sinh (http://doxinh.vn/danh-muc/do-dung-cho-be/binh-sua-cho-be/) vay lien cong so (http://trangbanbuon.com/danh-muc/thoi-trang-cong-so/vay-lien-cong-so/) quan ao ban buon (http://trangbanbuon.vn/) chup anh cho be dep re (http://roses.vn/studio/chup-anh-studio/chup-anh-cho-be/)

Drachen Jager
09-25-2011, 01:48 AM
What kind of interrogation? Police, military, CIA? It's all going to be different.

09-25-2011, 02:03 AM
The CIA or Military terminology would be great, but honestly I'd love to know all the terms just in case one fits better for the background of the interrogator.

09-25-2011, 02:37 AM
You might find it helpful to provide some more information swhibs. Your question is really very general and doesn't give folks much place to start.

What is the background of the interrogator you're writing?

09-25-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm looking for a term that a ex interrogator, someone trained by army, FBI, CIA, MI6 (some other acronymed branch of the government - any government, doesn't have to be USA) would use.

In my book the guy has flipped sides. He teaches terrorists counter-interrogation techniques. I want the MC to get a glimpse of the fact that this guy has a background based on the language he uses to describe the people he interrogates.

A term or expression, something like how a con man might use "a mark" to describe their next victim.

09-25-2011, 03:49 AM
I can't remember why it was, but some guy who was a military interrogator wrote a book abou it within the last gew years. He worked at Gitmo and other place where the military or CIA held alleged terrorists. He has been interviewed on NPR. He was one of the ones who was a long time pro and did not use torture. He actually got useful information.

The Grift
09-25-2011, 05:27 AM
One of the technical terms is "subject." (see, e.g., Essentials of the Reid Technique: Criminal Interrogations and Confessions)

I don't know about slang or jargon, which is what I imagine you're looking for.

09-25-2011, 10:35 PM
"subject" is correct.

09-28-2011, 12:32 AM
One of my friends from the military was a foreign language "translator" and they called the individuals they'd interrogated "subjects" and that was years ago. I imagine it hasn't changed much.

Dave Hardy
09-28-2011, 12:45 AM
The documentary Taxi to the Dark Side has quite a bit about interrogators & their subjects. I believe the term used in Afghanistan is "puc" for "person under control."

Obviously their might be any kind of jargon depending on the service & time frame. Algeria in 1960? France in 1942? CIA? KGB? NYPD? Kempeitai?