PDA

View Full Version : The wonder of wine, cheese, the internet and wine

Paul
09-24-2011, 11:31 PM
ahh yes. The wine night in. Alone.

What its all about really.

Maryn
09-25-2011, 12:13 AM
My husband and I had this conversation not long ago, the one about what your life will be like if the other one dies first. (Hey, somebody's going to be first, right?)

I said, "I'd probably drink wine even more."

"More?"

"Every day. Starting in the late afternoon. And get online after dinner."

"I should make sure I leave you some cheese, then."

Really, throw in some crackers and things could be okay. Wine, cheese, crackers, friends online... Lots of worse ways to spend an evening.

Maryn, who's got a bottle chilling

Paul
09-25-2011, 12:17 AM
My husband and I had this conversation not long ago, the one about what your life will be like if the other one dies first. (Hey, somebody's going to be first, right?)

I said, "I'd probably drink wine even more."

"More?"

"Every day. Starting in the late afternoon. And get online after dinner."

"I should make sure I leave you some cheese, then."

Really, throw in some crackers and things could be okay. Wine, cheese, crackers, friends online... Lots of worse ways to spend an evening.

Maryn, who's got a bottle chilling
Yes. It's been quite a while since i did it. and here's a lot to be said for it.

Also, the internet. Amazing stuff, it really is. When you're in the mood for a natter, but everyone's out or whatever, the net is pretty great.

well its either that or self examination under the influence. And no one wants that...

:D

(Edit, speaking of cheese, i made the dreadful mistake of eating too much cheese before i tasted the wine properly. ruined it. ah well, it'll be drank anyway.

Maryn
09-25-2011, 12:59 AM
So, do you have favorite pairings? I'm no gourmand, but I like a smoky-salty cheese with a fairly crisp white wine. With a red, I want a 'bigger' cheese with a pretty strong flavor, or I may not actually taste it, like a sharp brie that if I tasted it alone I'd find almost gross.

I also like peanut butter and jelly, just not with wine.

Maryn, honest

swachski
09-25-2011, 01:45 AM
I happen to be going to a wine tasting party tonight. :)

Paul
09-25-2011, 01:47 AM
So, do you have favorite pairings? I'm no gourmand, but I like a smoky-salty cheese with a fairly crisp white wine. With a red, I want a 'bigger' cheese with a pretty strong flavor, or I may not actually taste it, like a sharp brie that if I tasted it alone I'd find almost gross.

I also like peanut butter and jelly, just not with wine.

Maryn, honest
whatever about the madness of 'what wine', 'what cheese' causes greater turmoil...

I drink red, so it's everything but cheddar basically.

(and yet some love meat with meat. starange world)

Cliff Face
09-25-2011, 01:57 AM
How about some cheese slices with Red Bull? :D

Paul
09-25-2011, 01:58 AM
How about some cheese slices with Red Bull? :D
God-Damn Phil-Is-Tine!

:D

Paul
09-25-2011, 02:00 AM
I happen to be going to a wine tasting party tonight. :)
Arrrgggghhhhhhh

sigh.

it hurts. it hurrrttttsssssssss

Cliff Face
09-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Actually, speaking of wine, I bought my grandad an aged bottle of Australian cabernet sauvignon for his birthday recently. I can't remember which brand it was, but it was one that he really liked. :)

swachski
09-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Sorry to cause you such pain.

Enjoy your wine. Alone.

rhymegirl
09-25-2011, 02:39 AM
I will be having some wine very shortly.

Saturday night is wine night. And if I don't have my wine, then you will hear me "whine."

Paul
09-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Sorry to cause you such pain.

Enjoy your wine. Alone.

Ouch. :D

I will be having some wine very shortly.

Saturday night is wine night. And if I don't have my wine, then you will hear me "whine."

lol. Yup. i hear that

edit. of course running out of cheese before running out of wine.....

swachski
09-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Just returned from the wine "event." Had a nice Spanish wine from the mountains near Portugal called La Cana Albarino. The write up says it has 'pineapple, lemon, seashell and salt scents carried through on a pure, silky palate.' Who writes this stuff? :D

Cliff Face
09-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Out-of-work poets?

ETA: No offence intended. If I had the vocabulary to be a poet I'd be quite happy reviewing wines. :)