PDA

View Full Version : The Dead Files

BarbaraSheridan
09-24-2011, 09:05 PM
What can I say, I'm a sucker for all things paranormal. Most of the "true" stuff that's out there makes me yawn or LOL so I let the run run of this new show at ten last night get by me until my kid who is ambivalent about everything says. "I'll watch it again if you want to see what you missed."

Here's the description from the Ghost TV Blog site (http://ghosttvblogs.com/category/the-dead-files):

The new one-hour series pairs a hard-nosed detective, who looks at the physical evidence, with a gifted psychic communicator, who has her well established sixth sense to work with. They explore each crime scene on their own, and only join together at the end to compare notes and together discover some shocking results.

The team approaches every case from their two specific areas of expertise: Steve DiSchiavi is a retired Homicide Detective with the New York City Police Department with more than 21 years of active service; and Amy Allan is a Psychic Communicator.

Each investigator’s methods and findings remain hidden from the other team member to preserve the integrity of their discoveries, until the shocking results are revealed to the homeowner in the compelling conclusion of each episode.

Totally loved this show.

Both the cop and psychic came across as real in their tone and facial expressions (that all but said what kind of dumbass are you, dude?) especially when talking with the homeowner about his dabbling in spirit communication. I'm sure Amy wanted to reach across table and slap the doofus homeowner silly.

Manuel Royal
09-24-2011, 09:25 PM
So, is this a legitimate fiction show, or a "reality" show where they pretend to take the "psychic" bullshit seriously?

BarbaraSheridan
09-24-2011, 11:01 PM
So, is this a legitimate fiction show, or a "reality" show where they pretend to take the "psychic" bullshit seriously?

It's a reality show but I'm open to the "psychic bullshit" being possible so take that as you will. The principals came across as believable to me without the lofty attitude of Jason & Grant and some of the others or the total goofball air of Zak & co.