PDA

View Full Version : movies you want to be made.

robertbevan
09-24-2011, 08:19 AM
i'll begin.

i want to see a sequel to "pee-wee's big adventure" (big top pee-wee doesn't count), with paul reubens still acting the part, making no effort to disguise his age. a gritty reboot sort of thing.
something in the character's life would have had happened similarly to what happened in the actor's life, causing him to fall into a downward spiral of depression. the exterior of his house would be full of the broken and rusting decorations he had in the first movie.
pee-wee would still wear his grey suit and bow tie, because that's all he knows, but he'd be unshaven and sickly looking.
through some inciting incident (perhaps a moment when he just snaps, or decides he's had enough of this shit) he pulls himself out of his funk and achieves some sort of redemption.

yes. gritty reboot pee-wee is something i would really like to be made.

BenPanced
09-24-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.popeater.com/2010/07/01/judd-apatow-pee-wee-herman-movie/

robertbevan
09-24-2011, 09:01 AM
http://www.popeater.com/2010/07/01/judd-apatow-pee-wee-herman-movie/

holy ****balls. thank you for that, my friend. judd apatow even! that is going to rock so hard. i can't wait.

DavidZahir
09-24-2011, 09:49 AM
I want to see a top-notch version of Carmilla, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's classic. Preferably directed by Adrian Lynn, starring Rachel Hurd Wood and Felicity Jones. Faithful to the book, with Laura being the watchful waif she is in the story, and no appropriately-aged male romantic interest to 'rescue' her. I'd love it to feel like Picnic at Hanging Rock.

defcon6000
09-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Don't laugh, but I really want there to be a Legend of Zelda movie - and not like the cheesy fan made stuff posted on the youtubes. I mean the story is already written, just need to film it. Personally I enjoyed Ocarina of Time and hope they'd make a movie based off that.

robertbevan
09-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Don't laugh, but I really want there to be a Legend of Zelda movie - and not like the cheesy fan made stuff posted on the youtubes. I mean the story is already written, just need to film it. Personally I enjoyed Ocarina of Time and hope they'd make a movie based off that.

did you see "legend of neil?" well worth checking out.

Manuel Royal
09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd like to see a first-class movie about the Fourth Crusade. Highly unlikely.

SirOtter
09-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I want to see a top-notch version of Carmilla, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's classic. Preferably directed by Adrian Lynn, starring Rachel Hurd Wood and Felicity Jones. Faithful to the book, with Laura being the watchful waif she is in the story, and no appropriately-aged male romantic interest to 'rescue' her. I'd love it to feel like Picnic at Hanging Rock.

I'd pay good money to see that.

childeroland
09-25-2011, 01:43 AM
What SirOtter said. That actually sounds quite fantastic.

I'd love to see Norshteyn finally finish The Overcoat.

Love to see a really good live-action NeverEnding Story where they tackle the whole novel.

Alfredson must tackle Honourable Schoolboy and Smiley's People.

Would like to see a faithful film of a Richard Stark/Parker novel. Ditto with Richard Bachman/Stephen King's The Running Man.

Kaiser-Kun
09-25-2011, 02:32 AM
I'd love seeing a movie about Jim Butcher's Codex Alera (altough they'd need a massive budget) or The Dresden Files (Dead Beat alone would be awesome).

jamesn65
09-25-2011, 03:11 AM

Oh my god, YES. I have been wanting this movie since I was a kid.

I also want them to make an adaptation of the comic series Y: The Last Man. I know it was being talked about awhile ago, but I'm not sure if they're still going through with it.

defcon6000
09-25-2011, 06:22 AM
did you see "legend of neil?" well worth checking out.
No I haven't. What I want is an actual LoZ (is that not an awesome acronym?) movie, not a parody.

DancingMaenid
09-25-2011, 07:23 AM
I would love an adaptation of The Picture of Dorian Gray directed by Stanley Kubrick.

I know that can never happen, but still.

DavidZahir
09-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Serenity 2.

regdog
09-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I would love a good Transformers movie

Dix
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Seems like I've been waiting a lifetime for Patricia Cornwell's Dr. Kay Scarpetta to appear on the big screen.

Would also enjoy Sue Grafton's ABC mysteries done as a TV movie series. Wonder who should play Kensie Millhone?

regdog
09-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Outlander and Dragonfly in Amber

Dr.Gonzo
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I would love a good Transformers movie

:Thumbs:

----

Mainly some book-to-screen requests for me:

Some more Bret Easton Ellis adaptations like Glamorama, Lunar Park, and Imperial Bedrooms. I would be all over that.

Also, my favourite Stephen King book--Bag of Bones. I heard this had been greenlit at one point, with Bruce Willis set to star, but unfortunately it never happened.

Obviously I'm looking forward to seeing The Rum Diary.

Victoria
09-26-2011, 07:37 AM
A Smallville movie. Yes, I said Smallville. No, I have no shame.

Mclesh
09-26-2011, 07:42 AM
I would really like to see The Hobbit directed by Peter Jackson. (Come ON!)

blacbird
09-26-2011, 08:24 AM
From great novels:

Childhood's End, Arthur C. Clarke
The Man Who Laughs, Victor Hugo

caw

reiver33
09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
The Black Corridor by Michael Moorcock. I find it truely unsettling.

BryanTann
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
I would like to see a mini series (along the lines of The Lonesome Dove) based on Robert McCammon's Swan Song. I love that book!

I would also like to see the Eragon series done in the way it deserves to be done.

I would also like to see a reboot of the Resident Evil movies that have plot along the lines of the games. Not the Paul Anderson BS.

SirOtter
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
The Man Who Laughs, Victor Hugo

caw

The silent version is beyond awesome. Conrad Veidt was Gwynplaine. Can't imagine it could be done anywhere near as well today.

JimmyB27
09-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I would like to see Dune done well.

crunchyblanket
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
A well-made American Gods would be wonderful.

TheWriteWay
09-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I would like to see a remake of French Connection, but this time it is filmed with only people who came to film and advertising really together.
But really I would like to see an accurate and well made adaptation of The Alchemist.

katiemac
09-26-2011, 08:02 PM
I would really like to see The Hobbit directed by Peter Jackson. (Come ON!)

You know this is happening, right? Filming now, release date Christmas 2012 and 2013.

Manuel Royal
09-26-2011, 08:51 PM
I'd like to see a movie based on the 1930's pulp hero The Spider. Hard R for violence.

shawkins
09-26-2011, 10:28 PM
I wish Ridley Scott (one of my favorite directors) would get off his @55 and film The Forever War (one of my favorite books). He's got the rights & supposedly got the financing, but thus far no Mandella.

Manuel Royal
09-28-2011, 04:35 AM
I wonder sometimes if it would be possible to film Poul Anderson's great novel Brain Wave.

A couple of years ago I heard someone was trying to film The Stars My Destination, but it looks like it's in Development Hell.

maxmordon
09-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Cartoon adaptation of Alan Moore's The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

MttStrn
09-28-2011, 08:00 AM
I will second the Y: The Last Man request. I have all five hardcovers on my shelf and reread them about once a month. They were going to make a movie awhile back with Shia LeBeouf but thank Crom it was canned.

I also think that The Forever Way directed by Ridley Scott would be epic but will probably never happen.

JimmyB27
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM
A Judge Dredd film would be good.

Shutupthereneverhasbeenone!

bettielee
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
The Dark Tower series as movies - but it will probably never happen now

A good, faithful adaptation, live action, of Black Beauty - as it is in the damn book - not where Ginger is a love interest. Not where humans are the main characters. A faithful adaptation.

Georgette Heyer stories! Why aren't there any? Venetia, Arabella, The Convenient Marriage... so many would make great movies. I love her.

I also just read The Old Man and the Wastelands. That would make a great movie.

crunchyblanket
09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I will second the Y: The Last Man request.

Oh yes, a well-done version would be amazing. I'd quite like to see someone have a bash at Preacher too, but I think it'd be really hard to do well.

Brutal Mustang
09-28-2011, 03:52 PM
A good, faithful adaptation, live action, of Black Beauty - as it is in the damn book - not where Ginger is a love interest. Not where humans are the main characters. A faithful adaptation.

Oh, but the fact that she was a love interest in that one movie made me cry harder when she died.

Dr.Gonzo
09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
A Judge Dredd film would be good.

Shutupthereneverhasbeenone!

There's one coming out/being made.

Manuel Royal
09-29-2011, 06:16 AM
A serious adaptation of Bambi: A Life in the Woods. (The Disney cartoon isn't much like the novel.)

nighttimer
09-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I will second the Y: The Last Man request. I have all five hardcovers on my shelf and reread them about once a month. They were going to make a movie awhile back with Shia LeBeouf but thank Crom it was canned.

Shia LeBeouf as Yorick Brown? Yuck!. I would have burned down the multiplex rather than seen that travesty. Whose cock is he sucking that he gets so much work? The guy is such a terrible actor he should be in the Twilight movies.

Hollywood keeps making noises about making Garth Ennis and Steve Dillion's Preacher, but there isn't a studio in the U.S. with the balls to tackle that kind of sacreligious subject matter. To do the story justice it would have to be a series on television, but if HBO and Showtime pass there's not much hope of ever seeing Jesse Custer, Tulip, Cassady and the crew brought to life.

Which just leaves a reboot of Blade. I could do with a replacement for Wesley Snipes and as long as Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biehl are kept far, far away from it, I'd be pumped to bring the Daywalker back to kill off those wussy Twilight vampires. Yes, I really do hate Twilight.

There are still faint hopes Don Cheadle's planned Miles Davis biopic gets off the ground, but this one's been kicking around for a few years now and Cheadle seems to be no closer to actually making it than he did when he announced it. Damn shame.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2006/12/04/cheadle_miles_getty_260-1.jpg

Jess Haines
09-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd love to see a movie of Mark Henry's HAPPY HOUR OF THE DAMNED.

And maybe Sharon Shinn's ARCHANGEL.

Chris P
10-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I'd like to see a first-class movie about the Fourth Crusade. Highly unlikely.

Wow, I was just thinking about one for the First Crusade, as Kingdom of Heaven didn't quite do it for me.

I would also like to see a movie about the wartime activities of Manfred von Richtoffen (The Red Baron).

Chris P
10-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Ooh! Ooh! And on the WWI theme, an adaptation of Franz Werfel's 40 Days of Musa Dagh about the Armenian genocide in Turkey. It's been attempted several times, most recently by Sylvester Stallone and then again by Mel Gibson, but has been blocked by pressure groups who object to the book's interpretation of events.

Alwaysinspired
10-01-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm going to be selfish and say I want my book made into a movie. God knows Hollywood keeps rehashing the same stories over and over again. They need new material and I'm sure there's more than enough talented people on this site to supply them with it :)

Huscurian
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Interesting answers, everyone. :) As for Serenity 2, we know that Serenity was the follow-up of Firefly and explained it all.

I'd looooove to see a Vampire: The Masquerade movie out of the game made by Troika Games. That would be an interesting story.

I also would love to see a MechWarrior movie. That would be pretty cool. Mercenaries duking it out for the clans. Last game I played, I can remember Katherine Steiner betraying her brother and I ended up having to rescue one of the Steiner siblings from being assassinated by her. She was trying to rule in her brother's absence then I came across a nobleman who declared a duel with me. A pretty cool game.

Let's not forget a real, authentic Hitman movie! The movie with Timothy Olyphant STINKED! He was not at all like Mr. 47! Did anyone, experienced vets, recall that Mr. 47 does not speak too much? He only spoke when he got a call and to his targets! The only calls Mr. 47 would receive was from Diana and he was the perfect silent assassin: a premise the games were promoting for better rewards. On top of the creme, he also did not have any love interests! He wasn't born to love. He was born to kill, end of story! C'mon, Hollyweird, get the movie right within in line by games!

I also would love to see a Battlezone movie too! I know, I know... Weird 1998 game that became a popular hit and I'm sure not everyone remembers it! But it'd be nice!

Noah Body
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Startide Rising by David Brin...and of course, Hammer's Slammers!

Belle_91
10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
A movie about the underground railroad. It has everything you could possibly want in a movie: secret societies (the conductors), hidden rooms and passageway (very few underground railroad sites actually have these, but some do), you could have your big explosions with the backdrop of the Civil War.

I fail to understand why a good movie hasn't been done about this.

JimmyB27
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Interesting answers, everyone. :) As for Serenity 2, we know that Serenity was the follow-up of Firefly and explained it all.
Actually, Serenity is one film I'd like to see undone - and then redone as Firefly series 2.

Camilla Delvalle
11-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Uzumaki by Junji Ito.

Wait, there is a film already. I have to see it!

CrastersBabies
11-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Serenity 2.

Oh man, just seeing this makes my heart hurt! I can hope, can't I?

I'm in the masochistic crowd that wants to see Ender's Game make it to the screen.

(sighs)

Diane Amy
11-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I'd looooove to see a Vampire: The Masquerade movie out of the game made by Troika Games. That would be an interesting story.

Isn't Vampire: the Masquerade a White Wolf game? Regardless, I'd love to see this as a movie too. Or maybe even the revised Vampire: the Requiem.

There was an ill-fated V:tM TV show a long while back called The Kindred. Was good for what it was but didn't stay faithful to the game.

areteus
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I would like to see an adaptation of Gaiman's Sandman but I know that is never going to happen because of rights issues... but there is a possibility of a Good Omens film (and not the one in which it was suggested that Winona Rider played Anathema and Brad Pitt Adam... according to something Gaiman said at a signing 10 years ago this was what the potential producers suggested...)

Elric of Melnibone done well would be great.

Also, Peter Jackson needs to stop messing with the Hobbit, get it done and out of the way, and do something with the rights to Temeraire that he apparently has...

Anna L.
11-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Also, Peter Jackson needs to stop messing with the Hobbit, get it done and out of the way, and do something with the rights to Temeraire that he apparently has...

I want this to happen NOW. Jackson has the pull and the experience to do it well.

In other Temeraire news, the next book will be out in a couple months. Yay.

Dr.Gonzo
11-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I'd love The Contortionist's Handbook to be made into a film :)

Brutal Mustang
11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
The Horse and His Boy

Gravity
11-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Either Lucifer's Hammer or Footfall. The CGI has finally gotten good enough to do justice to the spectacle.

dgiharris
11-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Either Lucifer's Hammer or Footfall. The CGI has finally gotten good enough to do justice to the spectacle.

Footfall would make a great film

For those of you who haven't read it, think Battle Los Angeles or Skyline but with much better writing and plot that involves some interaction with the aliens.

Though, the ending of Footfall was super rushed. Felt like they accidentally didn't print the last fifteen pages of the book. Or that the book was 15 pages too long and the author had just 1 page to summarize everything and bring it to a conclusion :(

Mel...

alaskamatt17
11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm with the folks who'd rather see Peter Jackson get in gear on Temeraire than devote all his time to The Hobbit. However, I also look forward to seeing the latter.

I think it would be absolutely amazing if the following three projects were made a reality:

1) Henry Selick adaptation of The Thief of Always by Clive Barker

2) Edgar Wright adaptation of Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash

3) A feature length adaptation of one of Ricardo Delgado's Age of Reptiles graphic novels, featuring no dialogue and no text appearing on screen between the last production logo and the first name in the credits. This would really be amazing if it was just an hour-and-a-half worth of gorgeous cinematography, realistic visualizations of the dinosaurs, and music by James Newton Howard or John Powell.

alaskamatt17
11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
A gritty cartoon adaptation of Perdido Street Station would be awesome, too.

Noah Body
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I still think Startide Rising would be an awesome film.

areteus
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Hmmm. Edgar Wright could so do Snow Crash... On the same theme, I'd like to see Diamond Age done as a movie.

Of the Narnia books I would like done, I think the Magician's Nephew has to be the favourite. I love that book.