PDA

View Full Version : Ringer

dragonjax
09-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh. My. God.

I want to like this. I do. I still love SMG from her Buffy days. But the writers are making it sooooooooo hard for me to like Ringer.

Anyone else watching? Or betting how long it will last?

Dr.Gonzo
09-23-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm in the UK and have just seen the trailer for this. I have enough shows to watch without but might give it a go. What's up with it?

strawberryblondie
09-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm really hoping it will get better as it goes along. I like it, I love SMG, and I think it's okay, but needs to get better to be renewed.

Jehhillenberg
09-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I wanted to like this as well because I'm a SMG fan, and I'm for Mr. Fantastic, but this show isn't doing it for me. It needs to be amped up. It has mystery, but something is missing; maybe it's the characters Idk.

Max Vaehling
09-24-2011, 07:45 PM
They're making it kind of hard to get connected to the characters. The point of the show is that we don't know the people aroung Bridget, and she's not being herself either, so it's difficult to get a feel for the characters. Also, the episodes feel more like chapters - no resolutions that would help.

I do like all those Hitchcock references. The trunk at the party? Really? Hope they're doing this on purpose so we can guess each week which movie they're emulating this time.

Satori1977
09-24-2011, 08:01 PM
It ia too early to say if I like it or not. It has promise, and I love SMG, so I will watch it for awhile.

JSDR
09-25-2011, 03:16 AM
I enjoyed it. I felt the plot points were a little clunky and shoehorned in, but that may be because I'm used to watching her in a whedon-esque universe.

She always has the best clothes too. In Buffy as well as this new show...

mulcahy67
09-28-2011, 07:27 AM
two episodes in and this might be the worst new show on television. wretched writing, and its almost impossible to actually care.

i'm only continuing with it because i'm a huge Buffy fan and have an undying love for SMG. but i can't say i'm enjoying it at all right now.

Lady MacBeth
09-28-2011, 05:49 PM
two episodes in and this might be the worst new show on television. wretched writing, and its almost impossible to actually care.

i'm only continuing with it because i'm a huge Buffy fan and have an undying love for SMG. but i can't say i'm enjoying it at all right now.

Yeah, these are pretty much my sentiments. I want to like it, I really do. SMG is the only thing that's keeping me watching and even then... I miss Buffy's humour and spunk! Maybe one more week...

dragonjax
10-01-2011, 06:44 AM
It could be worse. It could be worse. It could be worse.

(It could be The Event.)

Lady MacBeth
10-01-2011, 07:13 PM
It could be worse. It could be worse. It could be worse.

(It could be The Event.)

Very true. And I have to admit, I am curious to see how they are going to tie all these story ideas together.

caromora
10-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I can't believe they wasted THAT cast on THIS. Seriously--SMG? Ioan Gruffudd? Kristoffer Polaha? They can do so much better. Hopefully the writers will ramp things up for them.

JSDR
10-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I just saw the third episode. She finally did it. The classic Buffy in your face moment when she's talking to that dude on the phone and she was all like yeah, I brought it! Oh snap!

Lady MacBeth
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Last night's episode was the worst yet. So much of it just doesn't make sense.

Still like SMG, but I think I'll kiss this series goodbye.:(

K. Taylor
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Huh. It was actually the first ep my picky friend didn't complain about.

JSDR
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Argh! It so bugs me when people talk about secrets with the door left open!!!! Come on!

dragonjax
10-06-2011, 06:39 AM
My favorite moment: after an unspecified amount of time living with Andrew and hanging with Gemma, Brit only now eats meat in front of everyone, and they all go WHA??? Because until this moment, it was all scones, baby! Scones!

Man, this show. Oh, this show. It's like the CW is doing it for a teen audience -- which would be fine, except, of course, it's aimed at adults.

LauraAnnSwanson
10-06-2011, 06:45 AM
My dvr didn't catch the first episode, so watching 2 & 3 today was like... WAH? huh?
:Huh:

Jstwatchin
10-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Haven't been able to get myself to watch more than 5 minutes of it (Very much into Buffy or most of Joss' shows back in the day). My daughter though keeps watching, just to see how much worse it can get. Oy!

strawberryblondie
10-06-2011, 06:54 AM
My favorite moment: after an unspecified amount of time living with Andrew and hanging with Gemma, Brit only now eats meat in front of everyone, and they all go WHA??? Because until this moment, it was all scones, baby! Scones!

I know! It's her birthday and he's encouraging her to eat, but the nearest plate is full of meat? Doesn't make much sense other than the writers wanted Bridget to slip up.

caromora
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Have any of been reading the fashion recaps of each episode on GoFugYourself.com? Hilarious.

Lady MacBeth
10-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Have any of been reading the fashion recaps of each episode on GoFugYourself.com? Hilarious.

I'll check that out.

I'm soooo disappointed with this show. I really, really wanted it to be good.

K. Taylor
10-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Maybe this will help the weak ratings: Sarah Michelle Gellar will reunite with one of her Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-stars on Ringer.

Amber Benson will guest-star in Episode 10 of the freshman series, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively. Benson, who portrayed Willow's girlfriend Tara Maclay on Buffy, will play Mary Curtis, a stripper who is also an informant for Agent Machado (Nestor Carbonell).

Last seen taking a bullet aimed for Buffy in Season 6, Benson has gone on to appear in several TV series, including Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and Supernatural.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Ringer-Buffy-1038476.aspx

dragonjax
10-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Amber Benson will guest-star in Episode 10 of the freshman series, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

That's making the huge assumption that the show will still be on the air by episode 10...

dragonjax
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM

THANK YOU for that link. Utterly hysterical!!!

K. Taylor
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
The CW doesn't exactly have anything to replace it with. They've already canceled H8R, so Ringer reruns will air in that space (8pm ET/PT Wed), meaning they're with the show. The CW doesn't operate the same as the big networks for a variety of reasons, so unless the show drops below a 1.0 in 18-49 adults, they'll at least give it the full season. They dropped H8R because its second week had a 0.4.

Lady MacBeth
10-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Thanks Caromora. The recaps are hysterical. The Fug girls have such a great way with words.

K. Taylor
10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Article on tonight's episode and what's ahead (http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/holy_game_changer_ringer_bosses_dish_on/268794#ixzz1aXNXJRSu).

dragonjax
10-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Hooboy. I don't know if this show can still fall under the "guilty pleasure" category. It is firmly in the "Would Be Canceled If Not For SMG" category.

Yanno, considering how damn much The Children mean to Gemma and Henry...who the hell watches the tykes? Those two parents are out ALL THE TIME. Frex, Gemma calls home -- well after midnight -- and when she says she's coming home, he replies "Don't bother. I'm going out." Um, hello? Parents of the Year? Are you leaving those precious offscreen children alone?

Ringer is hardly the first show to feature Children of Convenience. Is it too much to hope that it will be the last?

strawberryblondie
10-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Ringer has officially been picked up for a full season.
(http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ringer-sarah-michelle-gellar-cw-245246)

dragonjax
10-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh, Ringer. Oh my goodness, Ringer. Oh my not-just-suspending-disbelief-but-expelling-it Ringer. This show desperately needs a warning that it may cause extreme eye-rolling.

Actually, what this show really needs to make it utterly brilliant is a MST3K sort of set-up, with three people (or robots) sitting in silhouette at the bottom of the screen, making all sorts of helpful comments. Because then this show would be No. 1, baby. NUMBER ONE, I tell you!

jennontheisland
10-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Am I the only one seeing a total Mary-Fucking-Sue here? She's taking all kinds of dumb risks, doing all kinds of out of (her sister's) character things, just to fix everyone's life? Srsly? I've been sick of how nicey-nice she is since the second episode, but to have her explicitly say it? This is getting really boring really fast, and I'd rather see what Sioban's up to. I no longer care about Brigit.

dragonjax
10-19-2011, 09:36 PM
She's so Mary Sue that they're thinking of renaming the trope "Bridget Kelly." But that's part of the OMGTERRIBLE fun of the show. :)

Forbidden Snowflake
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Seriously? Am I the only one in love with this show despite SMG?

I mean I love SMG, her eyes can break my heart but that's because Buffy was my childhood hero.

But, I love the ridiculous plot and the promise of bad things happening.

It's definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasures.

childeroland
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Eh. The Lying Game does all this better.

dragonjax
11-06-2011, 06:08 PM
There has yet to be a coincidence that this show doesn't use. I love it. It's so unbelievable that it's terrific.

Forbidden Snowflake
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Eh. The Lying Game does all this better.

Worth checking out in that case?