PDA

View Full Version : Fall Equinox

RyanLKing
09-23-2011, 06:15 AM
For my area, I'm a few hours early, but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Fall Equinox, Mabon, Mean Foghamar, Alban Elued, or what ever else you may celebrate.

:hi:

JinxVelox
09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Mabon Blessings!

Alessandra Kelley
09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Have a good time, all.

BunnyMaz
09-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Have a great equinox!

words
09-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Bright and dark blessings at this time of equal day and night to all who follow an earth-based spiritual path.

Diana_Rajchel
09-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Happy Mabon. May you choose well in what you must give to the dark, and may you face the remaining light with hope.

BunnyMaz
09-23-2011, 11:04 PM
There's a small real ale and fancy cider festival in town this weekend. Think I can wrangle it as a celebration of the harvest? We did go foraging for rosehips and blackberries today, as well as bringing home a load of crab-apples and wild purple sage, and there's a bumper crop of elderberries near the beer festival spot we've yet to decimate.

Uncarved
09-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Blessed be everyone.

JinxVelox
09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
There's a small real ale and fancy cider festival in town this weekend. Think I can wrangle it as a celebration of the harvest? We did go foraging for rosehips and blackberries today, as well as bringing home a load of crab-apples and wild purple sage, and there's a bumper crop of elderberries near the beer festival spot we've yet to decimate.

That sounds like fun! I'm looking for cranberries - please tell me they have cranberries here in the UK, perhaps at Sainsbury's... I promised my husband cranberry-orange muffins. It isn't a proper thanksgiving/harvest without cranberries. ;)

KellyAssauer
09-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Happy Mabon!

And Yeah! for once I'm not the person starting this thread! =)

Thank you!

BunnyMaz
09-24-2011, 04:34 PM
That sounds like fun! I'm looking for cranberries - please tell me they have cranberries here in the UK, perhaps at Sainsbury's... I promised my husband cranberry-orange muffins. It isn't a proper thanksgiving/harvest without cranberries. ;)

I've seen fresh cranberries in punnets around Crimbo time so we do get them, but I'm not sure if they'll be available for thanksgiving. When is thanksgiving held?

BunnyMaz
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Oh! Try these guys if you have difficulty

http://www.berryworld.co.uk/berries/

No wait, scratch that. They are a corporate site. Damn, let me try again.

Ah!

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/423688_Natural_Cool_Organic_Cranberries_300g.html

Frozen rather than fresh, but perhaps better than nowt?

Alessandra Kelley
09-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Lingonberries and cranberries are essentially the same thing (cranberries are bigger). In case lingonberries are more readily available.

JinxVelox
09-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I meant our Pagan thanksgiving - Mabon. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't find cranberries today. We'll have to settle for blueberry muffins to celebrate the harvest. ^.^

Diana_Rajchel
09-24-2011, 04:54 PM

I consider popping a Strongbow at my pub of choice legitimate celebration, so yes, that counts!

BunnyMaz
09-24-2011, 05:14 PM
I consider popping a Strongbow at my pub of choice legitimate celebration, so yes, that counts!

Excellent :D

To the pub, then!