PDA

View Full Version : Two And A Half Men rides again - season 9

dpaterso
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Potential spoiler warning, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet...

We watched the season 9 opening ep last night. Had its funny moments (nice to see Charlie's exes gathered at his funeral) though it had some cringeworthy moments too. Turns out we're not allergic to Ashton Kutcher, who does a good straight face that says without words, "Even I don't believe any of this crap, but c'mon, it's TV." Verdict, contrived but amusing.

Older threads:
Two And A Half Men Cancelled (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205942)
Two-and-a-Half Men fires Charlie Sheen (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207093)

-Derek

Dr.Gonzo
09-23-2011, 06:25 PM
I've been away for a few days. I taped the last two episodes of season 8 and the new one. The last Charlie episodes? Sad. Went out with a whimper. No farewell joke. He looked like a skeleton wearing a black wig. He was hardly in the last two episodes. What a shame.

The new one? Rubbish. No constructive criticism here. Just plain rubbish. It didn't feel like comedy. It felt like a very bad joke.

Winning? Nope. Dying slowly.

CACTUSWENDY
09-23-2011, 08:23 PM
I watched the new show and the roast too.

Was not impressed with the new show and will not be watching it any more. Ashton is not much of an actor, IMHO, to start with. Jake is getting too old and the part of Alan is really getting boring. I think they have milked it for all it was worth and need to put it to bed.

I'd be up for a spin off with the maid. She is funny. :D

The roast was kind of lame, IMHO, and sounded and looked like a last grab for some 'love'.

Guess it is time to move on to other shows.

Diane Amy
09-23-2011, 08:42 PM
I enjoyed seeing Dharma and Greg again. Too bad that's not the show coming back.

defcon6000
09-23-2011, 10:43 PM
My family and I were all hoping that they'd show Charlie driving off a cliff -- maybe he snorted too much coke and passed out. I think that would have been funnier, but I'll settle for throwing Charlie under the train.

Ashton can't act. Period. He's just an older version of Kelso from That 70's Show.

I'd be up for a spin off with the maid. She is funny. :D
Yes!!! She has all the best lines and executes them perfectly.

If anyone is looking for a new show, Mike & Molly is pretty funny and cute. Only into its second season, I think.

chevbrock
09-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Have to admit I agree. Ashton sans clothes was nice, though.

Satori1977
09-24-2011, 06:27 AM
I can't speak for the original, I never saw a full episode. Could never make it through, and can't stand Charlie Sheen. But I saw the premiere, mostly to see how they would kill him off. Wasn't impressed wih Ashton Kutcher, I think he is a terrible actor and not at all good-looking. But the guest stars were fun. John Stamos and especially Dharma and Greg...I agree, I would love for that show to come back with them acting like that.