PDA

View Full Version : Ooh, very quiet here.

BunnyMaz
09-22-2011, 02:48 AM
I could have sworn there were more threads in this section, last time I checked.

Now, I know there's no shortage of Pagans on this forum, what's with the lack of activity here?

epublishabook
09-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Hey Bunny, Do Pastafarianist count as Pagan? With all the new denominations, am not sure where anybody stands these days :-)

BunnyMaz
09-22-2011, 05:09 AM
:D Given the number of Atheists that frequent the Pagan forums I go on, I see no reason that Pastafarianism should be excluded!

MacAllister
09-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Some of why it's so quiet is that the original mod stepped down some time ago, as a result of other, real-life commitments -- and there hasn't been anyone who stepped up to show interest in reviving things; the end result is a room that's languished without much direction or leadership or nurturance.

Rhoda Nightingale
09-22-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm working on a WIP with a protag who practices witchcraft, so I might be poking in here more often. Y'know, for advice and stuff.

copperbeech
09-22-2011, 03:13 PM
It's quiet because we're all busy writing =) I've got lots going on. Writing for HuffPo ongoing, a second edition coming out, another nonfic coming down the line, and a novel that I hope gets a home soon. Always lots going on!

RyanLKing
09-23-2011, 06:03 AM
*waves* Yep, we're here. Just hiding in the shadows ;)

Williebee
09-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Would this also involve the flying spaghetti monster?

All hail its noodley appendages!

Noodley. Noodlie. Noodly. Sheesh. None of those look right!

JinxVelox
09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I agree with Copperbeach - writing here! Goals to meet by Yule, you know. ;)

BunnyMaz
09-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Ah, I see, all very busy then :D

The_AO
09-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Just chiming in to say hello to my fellow pagan writers. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. :D

Foinah
10-20-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm working on a WIP with a protag who practices witchcraft, so I might be poking in here more often. Y'know, for advice and stuff.
Ask away!

Paul
10-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Ask away!
Why is the monkey smoking lights?

Foinah
10-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Why is the monkey smoking lights?
Heh...photographer said they'd have a better framing/light ratio during the shoot. I've switched to proper, tarry, black, clove cigars for real time. MMMMMM. Soooo very bad for you, but so very tasty.

Paul
10-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Heh...photographer said they'd have a better framing/light ratio during the shoot. I've switched to proper, tarry, black, clove cigars for real time. MMMMMM. Soooo very bad for you, but so very tasty.
Yup.

I reckon.

Foinah
11-04-2011, 10:20 PM
It's quiet again... shhhhh... everyone is enthralled with NaNo ;)

Foinah
11-05-2011, 07:53 AM
hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing this morning. Nothing like 1667 words a day to silence the writers ;)
I'm filled with envy!!!!!

regdog
11-11-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm not doing NaNo but sorting beta crits. Urgh.

Williebee
11-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Today there is sleet, memorials, reverence, more sleet. Did I mention sleet?

Today seems a good day for silence.
:)

Mr Flibble
11-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Today there is sleet, memorials, reverence, more sleet. Did I mention sleet?

Today seems a good day for silence.
:)

Indeed.

The British Odinist Fellowship notes that the 11th of the 11th is also Heroes day, the day to remember the dead(part of the month of sacrifices). I like the synchronicity. We'll be off to the memorial on Sunday.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Man that always makes me tear up

Rhoda Nightingale
11-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Indeed.

The British Odinist Fellowship notes that the 11th of the 11th is also Heroes day, the day to remember the dead(part of the month of sacrifices). I like the synchronicity. We'll be off to the memorial on Sunday.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Man that always makes me tear up
Okay, this is tripping me out a little because the only Veteran I know (my grandfather) died this past year. I was thinking of today as a rememberance day completely without the knowledge of that "synchronicity" as you said.

epublishabook
11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Would this also involve the flying spaghetti monster?

All hail its noodley appendages!

Noodley. Noodlie. Noodly. Sheesh. None of those look right!

Hi Williebee, here is a fellow worshiper of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Maybe we should create a sub-thread for His Followers :-)