Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
about Mrs. Pepper on "Blue's Clues."

Apparently she and Mr. Salt are not married to each other--where's Mr. Pepper? And yet she and Mr. Salt cohabit and even have a few kids together.

But are they really Mr. Salt's kids? They look nothing like him--both Cinnamon and Paprika are red-toned. Is it a genetic mutation, or is she sneaking around?

This couple isn't even on a first-name basis, either.

And have you listened to them argue? Frankly, their arguing gets rather heated, with Mr. Salt always trying to have the last word, and they fight about trivial things like "Which food belongs with the other red foods?" and such. It wouldn't surprise me, though, to find out that Mr. Salt has given Mrs. Pepper a black eye or two.

The kids do seem okay--for now, considering all the bickering they've witnessed thus far. Only time will tell if they're going to need a good therapist or not.

(Reduced to finding the soap operatics of kid's TV shows . . .)

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention Tinky Winky's alleged gender problems.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
People who are less than T-5 and counting should NOT be allowed to make posts starting 'I'm really worried...'

:kiss:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabet said:
People who are less than T-5 and counting should NOT be allowed to make posts starting 'I'm really worried...'

:kiss:

I Agree!

Now I'm worried about you, Shwebb (and I'm jealous cuz you get Blues Clues and we don't.)

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I wonder about those BooBah things. My friend and I think they look like giant technicolor penises. Circumsized penisies.

And have you seen Oobi? That show is just... weird.

I often wonder about Bob the Builder and Wendy, though. What happens at night? I hear a cry of "Can we Do it?" "Yes, we can!"

I need help.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabet said:
I know! She made my heart skip a beat. OMG! Is everything okay????

But apparently not all is happy in the world of Steve and Blue. Oh, wait... It's Joe now, isn't it?

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Christine N. said:
I wonder about those BooBah things. My friend and I think they look like giant technicolor penises. Circumsized penisies.

I always think they look like butts with eyes. My grandsons have two of them and they are the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry!

I didn't mean to scare anyone. No, baby and I are fine!

As documented in the DVD version of "Blue's Clues" entitled "Get to Know Joe!" Steve went to college to study music, astronomy, and something else. I remember one of the kids on the show saying, "You're gonna do great at college, Steve!" I thought, no he won't. He's gonna get his a** kicked! He's waaay to happy, wears the same shirt all the time, and is waaay too old to be acting like he's six.

Oobi's sorta grown on me, over time and the death of many brain cells. I'm okay w/ parts of Boobah, regardless of the farting sounds and the strangeness of the "story people."

Yeah, I think Tinky Winky is stereotypically gay. (But I know some straight men that act more gay than TW does.) I won't keep my kids from watching it unless he and the other Teletubbies start fornicating w/ each other. And they'd all better keep their hands offa Po!

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Saritams8 said:
According to my nephews, Steve went to college.

Yeah, that's what they said, but Blue actually went insane and mauled him. He's in a padded room, terrified of anything blue and furry.

(Steve wanted to start a rock band and the producers of the show felt it wasn't in the best interest of the image, so he left)

-chris

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Christine N. said:
I often wonder about Bob the Builder and Wendy, though. What happens at night? I hear a cry of "Can we Do it?" "Yes, we can!"

I need help.
:ROFL:
I always wondered how Wendy got her job at the Hall of Justice; who did the hiring--Batman? Superman? Aquaman? Plus, those white bell bottoms were smokin' hot...

Rob :)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I remember when the only things I could intelligently converse about were kids shows and the latest improvement in Pampers. Now I'm facing the empty nest and feeling nostalgic about PeeWee's Playhouse and Sesame Street.

I am kind of happy to have avoided the whole Teletubbies thing - their vacuous little faces creep me out.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Teletubbies are annoying, and Boobah is just freakin' scary. I like Blue's Clues, though, but I have to say Steve was way better than Joe. Joe just looks like he's dumb. Steve at least was funny.

I'm partial to the Backyardigans myself, although I do wish Tasha the hippo would stop doing that a$$-swivel every time she dances.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wanna know what was going on with Captain Kangaroo, those unbelievable gill-like sideburns, Mr Greenjeans (!), the Moose, and all those pingpong balls.

On the bright side, I just read a Captain Pugwash book to my daughter two nights ago. And I can assure you, his books do *not* have the characters "Seaman Staines" and "Roger the Cabin Boy".

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Christine N. said:

I need help.

Ohhhhh...now EVERYtime I hear that I'm going to think about that quote!!!

My little guy LOVES Elmo and Thomas. I actually like Thomas too because I love miniture trains and usually the stories are mildly entertaining - and it just cracks me up to hear George C as the storyteller (especially after watching a few of his comedy routines).

....'you have caused confusion and delay'.....Sir Topham Hatt (spelling?)

Take care all -

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My-Immortal said:
Ohhhhh...now EVERYtime I hear that I'm going to think about that quote!!!
Not to mention 'Tickle Me Elmo'.

We ALL need help....

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Oh my gosh! I guess I've been out of the loop for a little while. I have no idea what a Boobah is and I think I'd like to keep it that way after the descriptions given of butts with eyes and uncircumscised um...p thing.....

I started with babies late, so I'm nowhere near being a grandma yet .... guess that means that I won't be watching kiddie tv for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.