The "Damn you, Stephen Moffat!" thread! [May contain spoilers!]

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Yes, it needs to be said. For those you who saw the Saturday 17th episode of Doctor Who and despair, this thread is needed.

How could you do this to me, Moffat?

Last edited:

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net
I'm not seeing a listing for the 15th -- are you talking about "The Girl Who Waited"?

ETA: Oh, you meant the 17th and the episode "The God Complex"?

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't Moffat who wrote that... it was Toby Whitehouse. Ok, Moffat probably approved the script but still, credit where it is due :)

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
She's gone, she's gone, she's gone! Ding Dong the witch is .....etc.

Actually she isn't and she might be back next series. But hey, it's not for a whole series! Yeh!

Can you tell I'm a happy bunny?

Reaction score
I don't know if you care.

I do.
Who died? WHO?

I haven't watched since The Tennant left. :(

No, not because I have unladylike thoughts towards him (although I do). More because I've got mould on my shower curtain older than Matt Smith and I hate that they're turning a family show into a kids' show. Yes, there's a difference. Plus, Smith has a weird face.

So there. :D

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
She's gone, she's gone, she's gone! Ding Dong the witch is .....etc.

Actually she isn't and she might be back next series. But hey, it's not for a whole series! Yeh!

Can you tell I'm a happy bunny?

*clutches Amy and hugs her!*

Don't listen to what she says. You're perfect!

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Who died? WHO?

I haven't watched since The Tennant left. :(

No, not because I have unladylike thoughts towards him (although I do). More because I've got mould on my shower curtain older than Matt Smith and I hate that they're turning a family show into a kids' show. Yes, there's a difference. Plus, Smith has a weird face.

So there. :D

I think Tennant is a better doctor, still, but Smith isn't bad. I think he's more ferocious while Tennant was more compassionate. So there's a difference. He's more deceitful too, and more quirky. But not bad. :)

Reaction score
Think I'll start again from Season 1, and by that I mean Ecclestone, not Hartnell.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I want Mel to return. Seeing Bonnie Langford back in the Who fold would go a long way to improving the show. And a Colin Baker cameo... And The Kandy Man...

Stephen Moffat, are you listening?

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
I think Tennant is a better doctor, still, but Smith isn't bad. I think he's more ferocious while Tennant was more compassionate. So there's a difference. He's more deceitful too, and more quirky. But not bad. :)

I know this is sacrilege to say this, but I prefer Smith.
Tennant was great, but towards the end he was getting hammier and hammier. Mind, he wasn't helped by the writing, which was way over the top.

As for Amy.
At least I won't have to wipe drool off the television every Saturday night. Husband and son adore her.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My previous favorite companion was Donna and Rose. But Rose was more of a fawning school girl at times. Now my favorites are Amy and Donna, because both of them actually have some backbone.

But like you said, Fire, she's signed for the third season. It's just... as soon as you think you have some understanding of the direction of the show, Moffat turns everything on its head.

So, damn you Moffat!

*shakes fist*

Reaction score
Donna annoyed the piss out of me. She shouted her lines, she didn't deliver them. And Billie Fucking Piper? Ugh. Can't stand her. Can. Not. Stand.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
One thing to bear in mind... at the start of this series, weren't Rory and Amy living in a house and had somehow been seperated from the Doctor for a while though it was never established how they came to be there? Given Moffat's propensity for non linear storytelling surely we have a set up here?

I for one do not think that either Rory nor Amy are gone for good as there is still a lot of unresolved plot around them. I think this is merely a break for the actors.

Deirdre

Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net

And more manic. I'm warming to him, but Tennant's definitely "my" doctor.

I think my favorite companion is Amy, but I'm awfully fond of Martha Jones.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
If you think it fits there more than here, then by all means move it. I just figured it wasn't a serious discussion, but more of light-hearted chit-chat by the office coffee machine, so I put it here. :)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Between unresolved overarching plot issues and the whole "flesh" thing (is that the real doctor?), why do you think Amy's gone for good?

Not dead, btw, retired off w/Rory in a nice house.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I don't spend enough time in Movies, TV, etc., to know if they're more serious there or not. ;)

And I definitely don't know enough about the show to know whether or not a 'spoiler warning' is called for in the thread title... Max?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I don't spend enough time in Movies, TV, etc., to know if they're more serious there or not. ;)

Serious is a very loose term to apply to that forum... :D

And I definitely don't know enough about the show to know whether or not a 'spoiler warning' is called for in the thread title... Max?

If this was handled in the Doctor Who thread, yes, the spoiler would be enforced.