Becoming Obsessed

emeraldcite

Art is Resistance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emeraldcite.blogspot.com
I'm becoming blog obsessed.

Maybe because I'm really putting some effort into it (just a little).

Sometimes, I feel like adding four or five posts a day, but I'm trying to hold back. I want to make sure I can update once a day or every two days. Keep it fresh.

Do you hold back content so that you can keep it going, or do you find that you want to post everything at once?

Also found this interesting article on www.chronicle.com :

Blogging and Academe

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
emeraldcite said:
I'm becoming blog obsessed.
Welcome to the club!:hi:

emeraldcite said:
Maybe because I'm really putting some effort into it (just a little).

Sometimes, I feel like adding four or five posts a day, but I'm trying to hold back. I want to make sure I can update once a day or every two days. Keep it fresh.

Do you hold back content so that you can keep it going, or do you find that you want to post everything at once?

I've done that once or twice. I type it up and save in draft then post the next day. I kinda want folks to read what I post and I write long posts, so a new one pretty much sends the last one way down the page.

emeraldcite said:
Also found this interesting article on www.chronicle.com :

Blogging and Academe

cool! Thanks for the link.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I keep a folder full of blog ideas and preliminary research. I tend (not always, but often) to post pretty link-heavy pieces, so it's a time-saver to have those things gathered up in advance.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
Drafts

I think I'm also obsessed with blogging, but I just love what I write about so that's probably the reason.

I try to update every other day, but I have about 50 drafts of articles which I don't know exactly how to start, how to end, how to edit...

Sometimes I will write an article and I will have to stop myself from posting it until the next day - just because I want readers to have something to come back for. But it is exciting to me when I write, what I think, is a good article and I hold back on posting it. I just want to share it!

In terms of the size of my posts, I try not to make them too long because I don't think people have the patience to read all the way through - sometimes I find that with myself. So I would rather post 'shorter' articles. My articles might not be considered short to other people who see them on the blog, but I do try to be concise for the most part.

kathompson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathompson.blogspot.com
I was a bit obsessed at first, but now I blog when I have something to say, whether it's any good or not. I don't tend to write and save blog entries for future posting, but I do spend quite a bit of time mentally blogging--and then promptly forget the Grand Post I was about to make when I sit down at the computer.

But trust me...when I'm driving around town with the top down on my car, I'm blogging some awesome things in my head...

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Thumper needs a hands free digital recorder for her car :) Of course with the top down you'll have to yell over the sound of the wind and traffic, but what a small sacrifice to make for your blogging audience. :)