Animal vs Human fights need refrences

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufftocraft

Registered
Reaction score
I am at a sticking point in my books as apparently I am fine at describing hand to hand or sword to sword combat but am awful at describing any fights with my Were characters as anything but mauling or tearing.

Can anyone recomend some sources/books that handle this type of combat well?

I'm looking for well written fight scenes between Were-Animal and humans or Animal vs Human.

Thanks!

feather

Registered
Reaction score
What kind of animals does your weres turn into? A were-moose and a were-ice-bear will behave quite differently. Your best shot of learning how they fight is probably finding some good documentaries, or even checking out youtube to see them fight in nature.

megan_d

Falling in the milk
Registered
Reaction score
I agree that looking on youtube for fights featuring your kind of were animals would be a good starting point.

As far as recommendations go Robin Hobb's Assasin trilogy has some great descriptions of fighting involving wolves, and I don't know if you ever read the animal books but you'll find there all kinds of animals fighting. (Hadn't thought about those books in years, and that's the second time today I've mentioned them in a comment. Weird).

lufftocraft

Registered
Reaction score
Were tiger Were-wolf and Were-rat are the only ones in this book you tube has some odd videos lol

I have the assasin trilogy but haven't read it in years I'll reread.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Laurel K. Hamilton wrote about various were-animals and she had some fight scenes. Can't remember which books they were, however, they all sort of started blurring together.

Those are also probably good sources if you're looking for were-bestiality, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.