PDA

View Full Version : Content Writer for Supernatural crime-romance PC game

Scarmichael42
09-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Black Chicken Studios, Inc., is seeking skilled writers to draft text for an upcoming supernatural crime-romance game, Devil's Advocate.

Writers must be able to write efficient, colorful prose based in a supernatural romance scenario (think the situations of Angel, the wit and verve of Ocean's 11 and the quirky law of Ally McBeal). The game is set in modern day Las Vegas, so consider the time and place when you phrase your writing.

The target audience for the game is teens and adults, so the writing must be accessible. However, writers are encouraged to write in their own voice, as long as their style remains reasonably acceptable considering the era the game-world is set in (edgy, experimental text would be out of character, for example).

Writing assignments will involve Scenes to be featured in the game. Each Scene will consist of 10-20 paragraphs of text, with each paragraph being no more than three lines (NB: Lines, not sentences. We're hoping to keep things tight!) The goal is to keep the prose snappy and engaging.

The pay is $10 per assignment, with each assignment consisting of the creation of 20 events (NB: Not $10 per item written, $10 per assignment of 20 total items).

To Apply

Submissions should include two Scenes, of 10-20 Parts each. Each Part should be 1-3 lines long at maximum. Grammatical errors and simple typos may mean instant disqualification, so be sure to double-check your work prior to submission.

E-mail bc.subs@gmail.com to receive a prompt and sample Scene or ask any questions you may have. To review Black Chicken Studio's earlier work, please visit http://www.academagia.com.

DarkDesireX
09-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Again, I just want to vouch for these guys. They're an amazing company and their projects are fun and interesting. It's a great place to stretch your writing legs.

They're pretty good about giving the writers free reign to kind of flesh out the story as much as they want, which makes their games energetic and fun. If you're looking to get into writing for video games this will probably be a great start. It's information intense and fun to do.

Scarmichael42
08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
All, I wanted to bump this thread as we are still in the hunt for writers on this particular project (our other one as well, but Academagia gets pretty steady interest, likely because it's an actual live product right now). Let me know if you're interested at bc.subs@gmail.com!

Brian G. Wood
08-22-2012, 01:17 PM
"Get experience writing for video games and make us some clever dialogue for paranormal romance set in Las Vegas"

oh my god it's like you're in my head.

Sent an email, I would kill to work on this.