Some people never grow up.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maturity is overrated.

I just give them credit for trying to figure it out for themselves and not having a grandkid do it for them. Better than my folks are inclined to do.

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Computers are confusing and, just when you figure out one set-up, they go and change it. When I was taught how to use a computer at school there was Windows 95. I'd just have worked that out when the school would update.

Also, software is made by people who understand how the software works. For example: You're using Word (I was quite happy with Microsoft Works Word Processor) and want to save somerthing. Where is the logical place to put the save button? Apparantly on a drop down list under the heading of 'file'.

Having said that, my friend just installed Office 2007 for me and I rather like the shinnyness of Word 2007.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was so sweet it made my teeth hurt.

Great link!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Computers are confusing and, just when you figure out one set-up, they go and change it. When I was taught how to use a computer at school there was Windows 95. I'd just have worked that out when the school would update.

Also, software is made by people who understand how the software works. For example: You're using Word (I was quite happy with Microsoft Works Word Processor) and want to save somerthing. Where is the logical place to put the save button? Apparantly on a drop down list under the heading of 'file'.

Having said that, my friend just installed Office 2007 for me and I rather like the shinnyness of Word 2007.

I'm a fellow Word 2007 user. It's the best word processor I've ever used. :)

Of course, it's not perfect... But nothing is.