• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Spore Press LLC / Safe House Press / Argenta Books

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Rarely a good sign when the only book is by a founder.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Also not a good sign, they're putting the burden of promotion on the author. From the website:

Our first priority is to offer quality books to our readers, which we think will sell and be adequately promoted by the author. We do require that our authors participate actively in self-promotion

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
They have misspelled (on their website) one of the books they are actively promoting, 'All the Hippies Are Dead.' Though spelled correctly on the book (thank goodness!), the promotional blurb on the site spells it: 'All the Hippes Are Dead.'

At first glance I thought they meant Hippos and I was suddenly very, very sad...

But I find it amazing that no one has picked up on the error - no editor, assistant editor, the writer him/herself or anyone else.

I'm still thinking of the dead hippos ... :(

greenpower

Banned
Reaction score
Three weeks after I submitted my manuscript for my biotechnical thriller, “The True Virus”, I received an email from Spore Press showing an interest in my novel.
Since I noticed that it’s been over a year since this thread started, I thought I’d add my two bits. Their web site shows that they’ve recently released a few new novels by authors other than the founder. I might add that during an interview with Keith Henning, he stated that his novel, “All the Hippies Are Dead”, was used as a test to see how everything works with the new publishing industry of today.
I’ll keep everyone posted on how things develop between me and Spore Press.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last book published mid-'13. Mid '15, morphed into Tater Chat ("group chat made easy"), due to launch next month.