Taking the plunge - hello!

ghostlygalleon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com
I just arrived here yesterday and am feeling a bit nervous. Obviously I've heard of the AW Water Cooler for ages and people kept saying I should join. So, here I am! Yikes. It looks like a scary place with so much going on. I may never get any work done again!

I'm a Brit and I write mostly teenage novels, but I also blog (at Help! I Need a Publisher!) and write about writing and publishing. What sort of publishing? Well, nearly all my books have been published down the "trad" (whatever you want to call it) route but I self-pub a bit, too (and am going to do more of that) and I'm basically on the side of anyone wanting to write the best and most powerful words, however you choose to get them out there. It's the writing that's important, I think. And knowing what you want and how best to achieve it.

Oh, and I hang out on Twitter a *lot*. Very probably too much.

So, off to find some conversations to lurk in join... (But first I should probably do some work.)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Please oh please oh PLEASE can the mods ban Nicola right now? She's nothing but a troublemaker. She causes havoc wherever she goes and is a terrible influence on me. She keeps on sending me presents, for goodness' sake, and being encouraging and positive when I expect grump and scowling.

There's no hope for AW now she's here. We'll become all positive and successful if we listen to her advice.

Save yourselves while you still can!

CM-Lance

Registered
Reaction score
Website
CM-Lance.com
Welcome Ghostly, or should I call you Ms. Galleon? I'm happy to see experienced hands joining up. By experienced, I don't mean you're old, although your picture looks old, or is that a young bat?

Anyway, thanks for joining.

ghostlygalleon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome Ghostly, or should I call you Ms. Galleon? I'm happy to see experienced hands joining up. By experienced, I don't mean you're old, although your picture looks old, or is that a young bat?

Anyway, thanks for joining.

Well, in fact I'm wondering why I'm not just using my actual name as my username, or else Crabbit Old Bat (which people affectionately - well, I think - call me), but I kind of thought I had to have a pseudonym. Whaddya think? I'm here as myself so maybe I should just use my actual name? Especially since if I want to help people at all they need to know whether they should or shouldn't trust me.

So, tell me: ghostlygalleon or Nicola Morgan?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score

How about, Bloody Nuisance? More Trouble Than You're Worth? That Woman Who Eats All My Chocolate? Her With The Pointy Boots? I could go on.

Deleted member 42

Please oh please oh PLEASE can the mods ban Nicola right now? She's nothing but a troublemaker. She causes havoc wherever she goes and is a terrible influence on me. She keeps on sending me presents, for goodness' sake, and being encouraging and positive when I expect grump and scowling.

She needs a Much Larger Avatar. Possibly one with Sparkles.

Deleted member 42

I'd go with Nicola Morgan. But I suspect anyone with my surname would much prefer yours.

Either way, if you want it changed, PM either me or MacAllister to change if for you.

ghostlygalleon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Aww, thanks for all the tips and welcomes (apart from that awful Old Hack - why do you still allow her any power here?? Pfffth.) But can anyone help: I want to find a way to be alerted to (or find easily) any threads that I've posted on an that have then had another post on them. (Does that make sense?) In other words, how do I know if someone's replied to something I've said/asked, short of remembering where I've been and going back to check?

Thanks!