PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader/Swap for YA?

Cale
09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi,

I have a YA manuscript (60,000 words) that is finally ready for beta readers (I have been working on it for well over a year, so getting to this point is a pretty big deal for me!) It is the first in a new series (I am currently writing the sequel) and I have high hopes for it.

Here is a brief description of the MS:

"By the year 2015, the world has been devastated by the third world war. Hundreds of Cities have been destroyed and billions of people are dead.

Institution, the first novel by a young Australian writer, tells the story of how the war started.

When Darren Stone, a seemingly average schoolboy, is snatched from his bed in the middle of the night, his world is turned upside down. He finds that he has been taken to the Institution, a top secret medical facility that has been experimenting on creatures of non human origin. But Darren does not know why he is there; he had always thought he was human. Despite this confusion, one fact is screamingly clear.

He must escape.

Meanwhile, a young woman named Amber is struggling to find herself. A university dropout, she spends most of her time trying to forget about her past mistakes. One morning, she wakes up in the middle of the forest with no memory of how she got there. As she starts to piece together the mystery as to what happened to her on that night, she starts to realise that something supernatural has happened to her.

The intertwined tales put into place the events that cumulate in the war to end all wars. Institution is the first novel in the new blockbuster YA series: The Third War Chronicles."

I am very happy to do a beta swap with any other kind of YA or fantasy. If you are interested just PM me or reply to this post.

Thanks,

-Cale.

Wintersun
09-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I once read for Cale, and vice versa. His story was extremely interesting and exciting--it was all kinds of fun to read, and I would buy it online if he published it. He read my longish fantasy story to the end, and gave me Excellent feedback.

Cale, I hope you don't mind me mentioning this, but I wanted to let people know you are a superb beta exchange partner.

:)

eward
09-15-2011, 06:31 AM
PMed you!

jmlee
09-20-2011, 05:09 AM
PM'd ya :)

Emualde
09-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Are you still looking for betas?