PDA

View Full Version : How Many Cupcakes Should One Eat?

writerterri
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
And how long should I wait until I eat the last two?

Just sitting on the edge of my seat looking at them and wondering.

And is licking the cupcake paper proper?

Is vacuuming the crumbs out of the box and off the plate with my mouth really a good idea?

If no one else in the house is awake and they didn't see the cupcakes does it count that I actually bought gourmet cupcakes from the store that specializes in Cupcakes?

Or should I just let them lick my fingers and smell my breath?

Ari Meermans
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Or should I just let them lick my fingers and smell my breath?

Gets my vote. :D

writerterri
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Gets my vote. :D

I don't know. I may run the risk of being bitten. They are pretty vicious children when it comes to sugar. My son almost took my arm off when I handed him a pop tart once.

Mclesh
09-11-2011, 10:07 PM
At least two. (How can a person eat ONE cupcake?)

Velma deSelby Bowen
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
How many cupcakes are there? How many other people would want them? Are there enough to go around? If not, you should eat all the remainder, and discard the evidence, assuming that the remainder is not a high enough number to make you sick. After all, you wouldn't want someone to be upset by not getting one, would you?

Maryn
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
The perfect number of cupcakes is, of course, two. One is insufficient, three near gluttony. You may scrape the cake remaining on the paper cup with your lower teeth, lick frosting remnants, and pour crumbs from the container into your mouth only if your privacy is assured.

Take the wrappings and container to the house's trash rather than the kitchen's trash and it may well go undetected. Young people can be so self-centered they will not realize there have been cupcakes.

Maryn, veteran cupcake eater

TheTinCat
09-11-2011, 11:46 PM
As many as it takes to satisfy your desire for cupcakes, not so many that you feel uncomfortably full or sick.

(Actually, you can substitute "cupcakes" with any other kind of food, and the sentence is still valid.)

bettielee
09-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Once you lick them, they are yours

lick them now, enjoy at leisure....

Bubastes
09-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Yeah, that's the rule my cats live by.

Adam
09-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Eat one now. Hide the second one (WELL), and look forward to eating it later. ;)

Lavern08
09-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Two.

But the one you eat in the bathroom (with the exhaust fan on) doesn't count. ;)

Shakesbear
09-12-2011, 01:28 AM
I am deeply shocked that no one has mentioned the importance of size! If you are talking about silly little mini cupcakes then twenty or so might be a sufficiency. Medium ones - maybe ten. Huge ones - well what size is your stomach/appetite? Also the flavour - vanilla and raspberry - I can eat about three small ones. Chocolate? Is there a limit?

Bubastes
09-12-2011, 01:38 AM
I agree with Shakesbear on the size issue. The local cupcake place by me has mini cupcakes, which makes it easy to try more than a few flavors. If the cupcakes in question are chocolate salted caramel, maple bacon, mojito, or strawberry lemon, I don't have a consumption limit.

My vote: eat them, then brush your teeth and hide the evidence afterward.

CACTUSWENDY
09-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Cram all of them in and be careful about the smile on your face afterwards. :D

writerterri
09-12-2011, 01:54 AM
:roll: You guys are funny!

I've had cupcake face all day. They suspect something's wrong but can't tell what.

Shakesbear
09-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Cactuswendy if you are going to cram them in then size really is an issue! Mind, if they are big I can understand the smile afterwards.

iRock
09-12-2011, 02:19 AM
There's only one answer: all of them.

Cliff Face
09-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Easy. Eat them all. When the family wakes up, tell them, "I really feel like having a cupcake."

Bam. You now have an excuse to go buy more. Or, better yet, have someone else buy them.

This way, when the new batch comes in, you can just nibble at a single cupcake for 20 minutes and pretend like you're a very delicate eater.

They'll never be any the wiser.

Lady MacBeth
09-12-2011, 06:06 AM

lol I agree.

writerterri
09-14-2011, 12:15 AM

My kids do this when I tell them to put "it back!"

They say, I licked it so it's mine for later.

Well, I ate all 6 and no body knows. Now I have sugar depression.

But, I just made ooey gooey rice crispy treats. They're cooling.

I wonder.... naw, the kids will be home from school soon and I'll probably be in a sugar comma.

*licks half the pan*

:D

BeatrixKiddo
09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
You don't wait for cupcakes. You invade and conquer.

Take those cakes, just take them!

:e2brows:

Snowstorm
09-14-2011, 06:27 PM
If you pace yourself, all of them.

regdog
09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Is this a trick question? Seriously. You mean there are people out there who don't eat them all?

:Jaw:

shyne
09-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Well said Reg

Button
09-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Make cupcake sauce! You know like apple sauce. Mix it up together and then it's just one serving.

Really, whatever it takes to eat all of them!

writerterri
09-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Make cupcake sauce! You know like apple sauce. Mix it up together and then it's just one serving.

Really, whatever it takes to eat all of them!

I say we make cup cake pops! Those dinky little expensive cake pops are for skinny chicks.

benbradley
09-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Carl Sagan answered this: Billions and billions.

Kyla Laufreyson
09-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Eat ALL the cupcakes.