I have arrived

ScottB

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody, new recruit here.

I'm a filmmaker by education, a software designer by trade, and an aspiring author by night. I'm generally quiet online, but the more I learn about publishing the more I get the feeling that's not going to cut it if I want to eventually make a living off my writing. That's my goal, so here's me trying to put myself out there, get to know some people, and contribute to the community.

I look forward to getting involved in this large, vibrant, somewhat intimidating community!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Woot woot filmmaker! Same here, ScottB, minus the software designer. :welcome: !!

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Scott. Here's to getting to know you, too *cheers* And no need to be intimidated. AWer's are some nice folks.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

legion

Registered
Reaction score
i know what you mean about be quiet, im mostly like that, but im trying my best to start getting acquainted with this nice community, enjoy

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Scott. I suppose I should be introducing mysel here as well, but don't seem to know how to create new posts here, so I'll just link y'all too my site.

http://booklordadventures.weebly.com/

Glad to be here and will be exploring more of the forum ASAP.

Welcome George. To create a post, all you have to do is click on the icon "Thread" that's located near the top, on the left side of the page.

ScottB

Registered
Reaction score
So you're a software designer, but you want to give all that up just to be a writer? Some people...

You must be off yer rocker.

Yeah, software design (not programming...) is challenging and exciting and fun in some ways. It just doesn't get to the meat of the human experience like writing can.

Stories can provide beautiful catharsis and eternal fulfillment, while a computer chugs away at a mundane task.

Yeah, I'll take writing. If anyone will take my writing, that is, and pay me for it.

Check out the blog I just started for more on the importance of story and some examinations of great stories. http://thestoryhunter.wordpress.com/