• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed for twisted, psychological SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
I need a beta reader for a 87k word future Earth science fiction story that involves murder, insanity, and redemption.

The story is dark, but not bleak. It has good amounts of twisted humor and sunlight here and there, and plenty of sensawunder. I've posted an earlier revision of the first chapter in the SYW forum, so you can preview the novel there.

My writing is pretty solid and polished, especially on the small-scale things such as grammar. What I need a reader for is the large-scale stuff; does the pacing work, does the plot make sense, are there any plot holes or important points that have not been explained sufficiently? So you can see that I need someone to read the entire novel. I need feedback on the work as a whole, not on piddly details (which should all be polished anyway.) But any insights and suggestions are welcome. I have very, very thick skin; in fact, I take criticism better than I take praise most of the time.

I'm willing to beta a novel in return, but I'm a sci-fi type of guy so I can only promise to read and review stories in that genre.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks.

SrGrvsaLot

Creature of the Night
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be willing to swap. I've got an 80,000 word fantasy novel, but since a large part of the plot has to do with genetic manipulation, a sci-fi viewpoint would not be unwelcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.