PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Creative Writers

TheGuardian
09-09-2011, 07:52 PM
First of all, hello to all users of this board, since I'm new here. Secondly...

I'm looking for writers, good English speakers, for unique articles of at least 350 words.
Articles are on a wide variety of subjects (news, games, entertainment, etc.).
Rate for each article is $3 via PayPal. No deadlines, work on your own free time.
Must be creative, funny and willing to research on various topics before writing.

Interested? Send me a PM with links to samples of your writing (must be verifiable).

Deizelcore
09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to AW, hope you'll enjoy your stay.
You may want to link to your site/blog though, it makes it easier for both you and the people you intend to hire.

TheGuardian
09-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks Deizelcore. I did not want to feel like I'm spamming or something... The Website in question is www.episodeseason.com (http://www.episodeseason.com/)

All information there was written by me, but I find myself unable to update it anymore, since I am very busy with my freelance tasks. I'm looking for a trusty, funny and creative individual to occasionally write articles on the subjects I provide.

MysteryRiter
09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Sent you a PM, Guardian. :)

Deizelcore
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah, same here - sent a PM.

MysteryRiter
09-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Errr, Guardian did you see my PM?

TheGuardian
09-10-2011, 01:22 AM
MysteryRiter, I saw it. Sent you a PM...

Deizelcore
09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I sent you a PM regarding the article example you requested. Please check your messages.

Velcro
09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I too PMed you. Sounds interesting.

TheGuardian
09-17-2011, 02:51 AM
I was so luck to find Deizelcore, who writes awesome articles on games. Thank you AbsoluteWrite!

However, I am still looking for another writer, preferable female, for articles on these subjects:
episodeseason.com/bad-girls-club.html
gossipgirls.episodeseason.com

Deizelcore
09-24-2011, 04:51 PM
I've worked for her for a while and was generally satisfied (she responded to my emails quite fast, gave out assignments regularly and paid out on request without any form of hesitation).

The strange part was after my first payment cycle:

At first she said she could not give me a new assignment because she was busy and would return to me tomorrow. I waited for a few days and gave out a follow up email in case something slipped past her memory - that e-mail wasn't answered.

After a couple of days from then I checked her twitter feed to find that articles are still being written (meaning that she is still in business and that somebody else is doing my job). At this point I concluded that I've might have been replaced, but since I didn't get contacted on that I sent another email in order to get the update on the state of our affairs. Again - no answer.

Quite strange.

TheGuardian
10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry, I've been extremely busy lately, wasn't intentionally. Research for new subjects to write takes time... Will answer tomorrow to everyone who got in touch with me. Again, sorry about that.

Deizelcore
10-02-2011, 09:49 PM
That took care of that. A line saying "I'm busy, will be back after a while" would be preferable to simply vanishing though.

TheGuardian
10-02-2011, 11:00 PM
How's "I moved into a new home and didn't had Internet for a few days, and then I had to recover for the lost time by overworking?" Why are you so upset about this? It's not like we had a contract or something. I did mentioned, quote from above topic, "to occasionally write articles on the subjects I provide." Like I said, research takes time... Will get back to you, and everyone else.

regdog
10-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Let's remember Respect Your Fellow Writer applies in this Forum as well.

Deizelcore
10-03-2011, 06:53 PM
How's "I moved into a new home and didn't had Internet for a few days, and then I had to recover for the lost time by overworking?" Why are you so upset about this? It's not like we had a contract or something. I did mentioned, quote from above topic, "to occasionally write articles on the subjects I provide." Like I said, research takes time... Will get back to you, and everyone else.

Alright, we're cool. Just didn't know. You simply vanished and that was it. You can see how it looked shady from my POV, right? No need to stress, hoping to continue working with you.

TheGuardian
10-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Sure thing Deizelcore, we'll continue working together because, like I told you several times before, I really, really, like your writing style. ;)

Anyway, I am still looking for another good writer for entertainment articles, since I use Deizelcore for gaming only.