The Crow remake

BryanTann

BA Barracus Jr.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryantann.blogspot.com
First of all, GAG! ARG!

Shouldn't touch it, leave it alone! Its like a woman with white gloves handling a ketchup Popsicle and complaining that her hands are dirty....STUPID!

Does anyone know if there is anymore news about it? Last I heard, Bradley Cooper was suppose to be playing Eric Draven.

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments? Rants?

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
NOOOOOOO LEAVE IT ALONE. LEAVE IT. GET. YOUR. HANDS. OFF IT!

ahem.

The only way I would tolerate a remake...and I stress the word tolerate...is if they cast someone who can actually friggin' act as Eric Draven as opposed to going for someone generic. Cillian Murphy, Joseph Gordon Levitt, someone like that would be fine.

Having said that....JUST LEAVE IT ALONE GODDAMIT.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
The Crow. Nice film. Shame they never made any sequels or ever plan to make any.

Like that Highlander film ('There can be only one', it said so in the tagline) or that Matrix film - great film, shame they never thought to make any more of them.

You'll find the world a much happier and nicer place when you learn how to see things the way I do...

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
NOOOOOOO LEAVE IT ALONE. LEAVE IT. GET. YOUR. HANDS. OFF IT!

ahem.

The only way I would tolerate a remake...and I stress the word tolerate...is if they cast someone who can actually friggin' act as Eric Draven as opposed to going for someone generic. Cillian Murphy, Joseph Gordon Levitt, someone like that would be fine.

Bradley Cooper can act.

This was my favorite movie when I was younger. Still, it doesnt bother me too much that they are remaking it, because I thought the sequels were inappropriate enough. They were terrible. Honestly, they can only do better than that. Loved the original. Maybe a remake would renew interest. I thought it was a beautiful movie, and you hardly ever hear about it anymore.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
Last I heard, Bradley Cooper was suppose to be playing Eric Draven.

WTF? I like Bradley Cooper and I think he can act, but... Eric Draven? Seriously? If true, that is some interesting casting.

Regardless, a part of me feels like a) just let Brandon Lee have his legacy and b) HOLLYWOOD! Make some new damn movies, enough remakes already.

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
Brandon Lee was a martial arts expert. Cillian Murphy is too small. Sorry.

Okay. I'm not really trying to start a casting war here, you know. Just saying, those guys (off the top of my head) are the ones who could feasibly give the right 'feel' to the role. Sorry if I offended you.

Xaenyth

Crooked
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No way. They need to leave it alone. The Crow is one of my favorite movies ever, even if the sequels were terrible. No one else can do Eric Draven. Brandon Lee died doing it. Let it be.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I'm not really trying to start a casting war here, you know. Just saying, those guys (off the top of my head) are the ones who could feasibly give the right 'feel' to the role. Sorry if I offended you.

No, you didn't, sorry if I came off that way. :) Cillian Murphy is just too small to play a superhero. He read for the role of Batman, and I think he's a much better actor than Christian Bale, but he didnt get the role, because he is so petite!

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is anymore news about it? Last I heard, Bradley Cooper was suppose to be playing Eric Draven.

No, Cooper turned it down as he's filming something else. Last thing I heard was that Mark Wahlberg and Channing Tatum's names were being bounced around.

Dr.Gonzo

Wonderfully Irreverent
Registered
Reaction score
Rather than remaking the film, they should adapt the book, which is quite different. That isn't a knock at the film. I love the film. But remaking the film will not work.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
There's actually already a thread on this, started some time ago. But yeah, no one thinks it's a good idea.

Original thread here.

crunchyblanket

Registered
Reaction score
No, you didn't, sorry if I came off that way. :) Cillian Murphy is just too small to play a superhero. He read for the role of Batman, and I think he's a much better actor than Christian Bale, but he didnt get the role, because he is so petite!

I agree he's not right physically. I guess that's the problem with a role like this...how often is it that you get a Brandon Lee, someone with the right physique, acting talent and the right "air" about him to play someone so iconic? And further reason to leave the damn thing alone :D

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I agree he's not right physically. I guess that's the problem with a role like this...how often is it that you get a Brandon Lee, someone with the right physique, acting talent and the right "air" about him to play someone so iconic? And further reason to leave the damn thing alone :D

Yes, and Brandon Lee was not known for his acting chops before that, but he played the role beautifully. If he hadn't died, I think the role might have led to bigger and better things for him. It was such a tragic freak accident. There are so many reasons why they shouldnt touch it.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I would be more interested in whether any insurance company will touch it. If so, what are they setting the insurance premium at?

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Derail alert!

That's likely not why he didn't get the role. If it were, Bale wouldn't have gotten it either considering he'd just finished filming The Machinist when he was cast as Bruce Wayne. When he was cast, he weighed under 130 pounds and had to put on nearly 100 pounds by the time Batman Begins started filming.

Murphy weighs at least 150, so he would've been massive compared to Bale at time of casting. Murphy's admitted in interviews that HE felt he didn't have the physique for the role and never really wanted it anyway (he read for it just because Nolan had asked) but I've never read where Nolan stated that was the reason. Personally, I think Murphy's face is too "pretty boy" to pull off Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I hope they were bounced right into the trashcan. Yikes.

Well, Mark Wahlberg is an oscar nominee, and Channing Tatum has a full schedule until 2013, with the film due to start filming soon.

I suggest watching the films The Fighter, The Basketball Diaries and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
I'm familiar with both actors, and although I can't stand him really, I do think Marky Mark is a better actor than Channing Tatum. That said, both are pretty bad casting choices for the role of Eric Draven. Casting a film is about so much more than acting ability. So much more.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Derail alert!

That's likely not why he didn't get the role. If it were, Bale wouldn't have gotten it either considering he'd just finished filming The Machinist when he was cast as Bruce Wayne. When he was cast, he weighed under 130 pounds and had to put on nearly 100 pounds by the time Batman Begins started filming.

Murphy weighs at least 150, so he would've been massive compared to Bale at time of casting. Murphy's admitted in interviews that HE felt he didn't have the physique for the role and never really wanted it anyway (he read for it just because Nolan had asked) but I've never read where Nolan stated that was the reason. Personally, I think Murphy's face is too "pretty boy" to pull off Bruce Wayne.

Then what do you think was the reason?

Yes, Bale was small at the time, but they knew he didn't typically look like that. I have always thought they should have just cast a smaller actor in the Machinist, anyway.

Cillian Murphy is very tiny, and even tinier than he looks on camera. My friend Paul did a film with him. He bought himself a hoodie, and got a second one to give to Paul, because they were exactly the same size. Paul is one of the skinniest guys I know!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Mark Wahlberg is an oscar nominee, and Channing Tatum has a full schedule until 2013, with the film due to start filming soon.

I suggest watching the films The Fighter, The Basketball Diaries and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.

When Mark Walberg is good, he is excellent. But he is not always good. I like him very much, but he has given some dreadful performances.