To Practicing Witches/Pagans: Rhoda needs a warding spell

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I don't know if something like this exists, but I'm trying to ward a driveway. Y'know, like one of those long, gravelly ones for a house in the mountains. The idea here is to either keep anyone who means my MC harm from using it and coming up to the house, OR to make the people in the house aware of who's coming before they get there--like a sort of paranormal doorbell/intercom system. (Bad analogy, I know.)

I know you can ward a room, or a threshold, but I wasn't sure about the driveway.

Thanks in advance!

JinxVelox

Registered
Reaction score
PMing one your way. And, yes, it could be "focused" on a driveway. ^.^

rainsmom

Feeling like an old timer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melissa-c-alexander.com
You probably got what you need. Quick clarifying question, though. What's her background/tradition? Witches would approach it one way, ceremonial magicians another, Hoodoo yet another.

Caledonia Lass

Registered
Reaction score
There's all sorts of things you can do to ward not just the driveway, but the whole property as well. Depending on her practices, like they've already said, there are lots of different things. Most pagans/witches, if solitary, would create their own spell depending on how powerful they are. Others in covens will share spells. What's the background of this MC?

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys, and to the folks who PM'd me as well!

As for my MC: This is a sixteen-year-old boy who's being asked by his mentor (also a male witch) to ward part of their new property (that being the driveway) as practice--supervised, of course. He's sort of a witch-in-training. I haven't aligned him with any particular faith, at least not yet. He's also coming from a history of violence and abuse--two years prior to the events in my WIP, he was the apprentice of a very bad, very dark magician who made him hurt people with his natural talent for magic. This new mentor is trying to help him get a fresh start and use his abilities more responsibly. (I'm aiming to promptly throw a wrench in that, of course, but I'm not quite to that point yet.)