Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I have looked through various places trying to figure out where to share my GLBT dystopia and settled on Mainstream/Contemporary, but haven't got many readers. Do you guys post in "other" or what? The story isn't sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, erotica, etc.

Also, I am going to have an article published soon called "Ex This" in The Windy City Times, about the ex-gay ministry. I went through it and also interviewed a transgender friend who did. It should be published next week, and I will post a link when it is!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
If you haven't already, consider posting in the SYW Starbucks thread, pointing potential readers to your thread.

(Just in case anyone clicking on these links is prompted to enter a password for Share Your Work, it's vista)

-Derek

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's also smart to drive AW traffic to your SYW post with a very brief logline or teaser and a link leading to it as part of your signature. Example (with a fake link):

Miranda thinks she's adjusting to life after divorce when a handsome stranger and his pet monster move in next door. http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthreadblahblahblah

Maryn, who would totally click through on that

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dystopian might go with Sci-Fi, since it's not really the modern world. My experience with Mainstream/Contemp SYW is that it is more lightly traveled than is the YA, SF/F, or Children's SYW.

Status
Not open for further replies.