• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need Beta for YA Psych Thriller (65K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

socact

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a beta for my YA psychological thriller. It's set in the near-future, but I'd say it's more sci-fi than dystopian (actually, I'm trying to steer clear of dystopian - not sure if I accomplished that in this draft or not).

It's complete at 65,000 words, and I'd be happy to send you a more comprehensive synopsis if you're interested in reading. I can't do a swap right now, but I could do one later this month when my load lightens up a bit.

What I'm looking for: general thoughts on characterization, plot, and voice. I don't need line edits, and this is a very polished draft in terms of grammar and spelling (at least I think so...). Also, I need it fairly quickly, because summer is over and my agent wants to see the fruits of my labor.

Please PM me or post here if interested. Thank you!! :)

socact

Registered
Reaction score
No takers??

You don't have to read the whole thing - if you hate it after 50 pages, you can just tell me so, and that's helpful to me.

I just want someone read at least part of it before I send it away. I'm happy to swap or read a query letter or offer free medical advice.

FrederickS

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a beta for my YA psychological thriller. It's set in the near-future, but I'd say it's more sci-fi than dystopian (actually, I'm trying to steer clear of dystopian - not sure if I accomplished that in this draft or not).

It's complete at 65,000 words, and I'd be happy to send you a more comprehensive synopsis if you're interested in reading. I can't do a swap right now, but I could do one later this month when my load lightens up a bit.

What I'm looking for: general thoughts on characterization, plot, and voice. I don't need line edits, and this is a very polished draft in terms of grammar and spelling (at least I think so...). Also, I need it fairly quickly, because summer is over and my agent wants to see the fruits of my labor.

Please PM me or post here if interested. Thank you!! :)

I'll do it. I've also got a teen-age daughter who is an avid reader if you want her insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.