PDA

View Full Version : An editor needed

Levi
09-05-2011, 10:43 PM
I am writing a book that my organization will publish mostly for internal consumption. I am in need of a good editor to look over the chapters, edit them and make suggested changes etc.

We are a non-profit that helps youth so we cannot pay a large amount but we will pay. We help youth find their passion, purpose and unique direction in life and this book explains our 6 step process and the theories behind it.

Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested in this gig, or email me at l.brackman@youthdirections.org. Feel free to pass this posting along to to others.

Nathaniel Katz
09-06-2011, 12:02 AM
What kind of payment would we be discussing and what level of experience would be required?

Levi
09-06-2011, 12:07 AM
What kind of payment would we be discussing and what level of experience would be required?

I am not sure yet. It would be subject to determination and negotiation with the editor(s) that are interested in doing it.

regdog
09-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Pay rates should be posted in the original post

Buffysquirrel
09-16-2011, 02:59 AM
I think you need to be clear about you want. Do you want a content editor who will advise on what the book is about, or a copyeditor who will fix typoes and dodgy sentences?

regdog
09-22-2011, 03:03 PM
The original poster has not logged back in since making the first post and had not been here for 2 years previous to this thread.

alvin123
09-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Just a note.
My mom has an origination as well, which used to be a book club, but now they want to publish books and then open up a bookstore or library. Although she wanted to traditionally publish all of them, instead of Self-published, but none of her colleagues are really good at writing synopsis. o_o In fact, their all working on a book together.

Anyway, I want to view this thread for potential editors for her to hire.

regdog
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Alvin, it would be best for you to start your own thread, stating the job, what's expected and pay scale.

alvin123
09-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Alvin, it would be best for you to start your own thread, stating the job, what's expected and pay scale.
You're right. Sorry about that. I'll prepare it first. (Although... .-. my mom annoys me xD)

James D. Macdonald
09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Tell your mom not to do it.

The path she wants to tread is littered with the bones of those who have gone before her.

alvin123
09-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Tell your mom not to do it.

The path she wants to tread is littered with the bones of those who have gone before her.

Don't forget the blood! I'll give her the link to this thread so I can breath in freedom xD